Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow down Mix, No Loudness race, K12RMS
Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum and have done a mix of this wonderful voice and band of course, but the vocal is awesome.

Ok, I did a rough version of this recording where I choosed to take away some things and have the song in a more typical pop/disco arrangement so to speak, not that I've changed the arrangement but leaving out some things to get more clarity of all instrument and some touch of the todays modern sound.

To this I would like to state that I've listen to many of the others mixes and decided to not joining the loudness race Angry in this case so I tried to stick to the K12 RMS reference and have the song to just touch the 0 on my analog console so it would be in some range of the analog world.

Everything is mixed ITB. This was done in Pro Tools 12 (just upgraded from 11 native and it worked well), I've tried to not use to many plugins but instead focusing on the levels/pan and of course clarity and dynamics, and some manually edited clip gain on all the tracks.

So if you find this version too low, well turn up the volume Big Grin

It is really a good song and performance and I think it deserves to shine.

Thanks for listening and if you have any thoughts or questions please let me know, I do really like my mix, but thats just me.
/Henkeli

.mp3    JC_SlowDown.mp3 --  (Download: 7.32 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Slow down Mix, No Loudness race, K12RMS - by henkeli - 26-11-2015, 09:51 PM