Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.13 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Sugar Bastards
(05-07-2020, 07:45 AM)JunglestateUnion Wrote: Hi, I like your mix. Good and emotions convey the song. For such a song, in my opinion, the drums should be more accurate. I would advise the first: to make it more delicate in setting up a kick and snare (attack and
less input gain compressor)
The second is to make them quieter. Drums take up a lot of space in the mix. Make them quieter by 2-3 dB and let other listeners hear the instruments.
The third is less than equalization and delay vocals. Vocals should be as natural as possible.
Last: Because of the high volume, you almost killed the whole dynamics of the song in which it was. I advise you to make less volume on the limiter or compressor. Allowed values for this song are not louder than -9 RMS. Good luck
Hey mate, thanks for the advice but I feel like your points are subjective, and you're making a couple of assumptions that aren't true.
Firstly, I rather like the energy of having fatter drums, it adds to the energy of the song and I don't think they are detracting from the rest of the arrangement at all.
Secondly, the vocals don't have any eq except a high pass filter and a high shelf. I disagree with you that the vocals should be as natural as possible - they shouldn't sound weird I agree, but too natural can be boring.
Lastly, there is no compression on the master at all except an FF-L2 limiter that's catching the peaks. The only instruments that I am properly compressing are the kick, snare, overheads, bass, and vocals. That's it. And I think you should be able to make the song as loud as you need it to be.
But thanks for listening and for taking the time to comment.
~
Other Mixes

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Sugar Bastards - by Quathamer - 05-07-2020, 09:48 AM