Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kat Wright - By My Side(let the bleed be fixed!)
(09-03-2020, 10:33 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Yeah, definitely got a bit more 'body' out of the instruments so a success with that aim. Not as much feel of 'space' between the musicians as some mixes but gels together as a unit quite well for that I feel. Yeah as you say vocal de-ess is heavy. Saying that- sibilance doesn't tend bother me that much so I probably go too far the other way with it. A nice mix, with a bit more of, I suppose, a commercial sound to it. A touch louder and touch more compressed maybe. I think I only pick up on that because I used virtually no compression in my version, and have heard it too many times!

Yeah nice job.

Cheers!

thanks for the listen Mike.. yes indeed I push that limiter to where there is almost no room for dynamics.. a lil too much I supposed. I fixed some minor things and I boosted a lil ess on the vocals. I found that without compressing the 5k - 10k on the vocals with the multipressor, the snare sounds awful different when the vocal is playing in comparison when is not. Anyhow thanks for the comment and if you happen to listen to this other one I hope it sounds a tiny better for you Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kat Wright - By My Side(let the bleed be fixed!) - by Shul - 11-03-2020, 02:58 AM