Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope and the Sea
(22-08-2019, 04:19 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Nothing unusual...

Either the mic was broken, the guitar player has a very warped sense of humor and needs to taken to the woodshed, or the mixer is taking a very wrong approach. If a guitarist's recorded playing is so far lacking in high end who the hell would work with them if all they were playing was mud. No. That's not it. If you need to boost 20 db @ 2K the approach to the mix is the problem. I'm sorry but if you feel a need to go that far the problem is the mixer not the artist.

Ok, I'll bite.

First of all, while Stevens304 might not mind, I do mind. Your comment isn't warranted or wanted. I was asked on my post how I got my guitars how they were, and I told him in this post. It's got nothing to do with you or your opinion on mixing. If you disagree with my methods, its completely irrelevant. No opinion on my methods was asked for, only my approach.

Secondly, who are you to say what is wrong with a mix, or to say that a mixer is taking the wrong approach on anything? Not even a professional career audio engineer, which you are not, can say something like that, only a paying client - maybe - can say something like that.

Lastly, on a more constructive note, this comment is proof of how unaware you seem to be about what the goal of an engineer is. The goal of the engineer is to take a recording and turn it into music - enjoyable music - and not just to make shit sound good, or natural, or whatever. I did WAY worse things in this mix than boost an instrument 20db at 2k, that kind of thing is not unusual. If it was unusual, it would sound unusual. Thus far, I haven't heard any complaints against my guitars sounding unusual. If I hadn't of mentioned the fact I boosted 20db on the guitars, you wouldn't have known. Why? Because the guitars sound hot, and good, and natural, and spacious, and present. That was my goal. If, as an engineer, you're too afraid to do what is necessary to turn a recording into music, then you'll always settle for half-baked, boring, uninteresting mixes that aren't worth listening to. Stop trying to mix and start making music! - that's what's going to be the difference between you and the mixing engineer who is just trying to make it sound good.
~
Other Mixes

Messages In This Thread
Hope and the Sea - by stevens304 - 19-08-2019, 06:41 PM
RE: Hope and the Sea - by sagalegin - 19-08-2019, 10:39 PM
RE: Hope and the Sea - by Quathamer - 20-08-2019, 10:46 AM
RE: Hope and the Sea - by Mixinthecloud - 22-08-2019, 04:19 PM
RE: Hope and the Sea - by Quathamer - 23-08-2019, 04:48 AM
RE: Hope and the Sea - by Mixinthecloud - 23-08-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: Hope and the Sea - by Quathamer - 23-08-2019, 04:41 PM
RE: Hope and the Sea - by Mixinthecloud - 23-08-2019, 06:55 PM
RE: Hope and the Sea - by stevens304 - 20-08-2019, 12:20 PM