Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Adam Buckley - Drag Me Down [OctoOnFire]
Monk I master my songs and sometimes I overwork the limiter. Most of my clipping comes from that and well I'm guilty at that. Getting better with the songs. Didn't really hear clipping in my mix I have to check that out lol.

In a real life scenario you will get the tracks that are supposed to be there. The moment to play with ideas is in the pre production of the songs (with some exceptions). I doubt a producer or an artist would give you tracks that are "removable if you don't like it". In this song there are not that many tracks and the ones that are there in my opinion are there because the artist intended them to. Some of your mixes are experimental and that's cool because you can do what you want with the tracks and the artist never has to know but in a real scenario the tracks given to you for mix down are tracks the artist wants in.

I agree there are some exceptions but there would have to be a good reason for it. In this case these tracks are not that dense in musical arrangement to make me think "I have to remove these tracks". At least I did not find a track that would make me say that. Did you?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Buckley - Drag Me Down [OctoOnFire] - by Shul - 20-12-2018, 04:37 PM