Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember December - C U Next Time (SyafiqMix)
(12-04-2016, 09:26 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: I'm curious, because I've worked with this song also, what is it about the CLA MP3 posting of the mix that you feel would (or could) have been done differently. I personally threw a bunch of expensive "stuff" at this song and I feel the tone and presence of what was posted in the CLA post screams "quality gear".. the notes in the post match the mix IMO.. and have you had a chance to listen to other unmastered CLA mixes before? For reference, he's done these kinds of mixes from time to time:

CLA is "the man" but also "a man" Smile

I left you a picture so you can see for your self.
"CLA" mix of See You Next Time is REALLY really bad in comparison with those 2 songs THE REAL CLA MIXED. A mix with no dynamics is a bad mix in my book.

Several times I've heard CLA saying never tries to get volume on his mixes.. that that's the mastering engineers job. I would expect a good 5db of headroom on any of his mixes and that's talking mastering ready.
Now we can debate wether he placed brickwall compression on that mix on purpose or not but then that would contradict what you said "his reputation is at stake". I seriously doubt He would squash that mix like that.

The problem I have with that post.. is that is making people THINK and BELIEVE that's how a mix should sound.. and IS NOT. Smile

Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember December - C U Next Time (SyafiqMix) - by Shul - 13-04-2016, 03:48 AM