Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna have a GOOD TIME
(29-03-2016, 08:41 AM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hey Shul - I was wondering what aspects of the mix you found particularly challenging? You seem to have gotten some pretty nice sounds overall with this mix...

Well first and for most, the Separation of the tracks was the hardest.
Finding out how not only which way was better if left or right, but also how spreading would affect the overall mix was a real challenge. I couldn't get a solid mix at first. Panned several things differently and just didn't work well for me. Having said that the Eq'ing in some instruments would change everything I would tweak the stereo field.

Once I found the separation you hear on the track to be pleasant, the next thing to work on was dynamics. Was also a real challenge. The peaks on drums and guitars.. the volume changes on vocals were a challenge to make smooth without compromising the funky grove the song presents. For example, appart from compression on the vocal track.. I used parallel compression to even out the quiet parts withough sqashing the peaks of the dynamics.
Same thing with the Clean guitar, I used a high ratio on the compressor to squash the peaks of it (yes I did some moderate to heavy compression on this).

Those were the challenges for me.

Messages In This Thread
Gonna have a GOOD TIME - by Shul - 29-03-2016, 06:04 AM
RE: Gonna have a GOOD TIME - by FytaKyte - 29-03-2016, 08:41 AM
RE: Gonna have a GOOD TIME - by Shul - 30-03-2016, 04:31 AM
RE: Gonna have a GOOD TIME - by FytaKyte - 30-03-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Gonna have a GOOD TIME - by Shul - 31-03-2016, 02:14 AM
RE: Gonna have a GOOD TIME - by Mixinthecloud - 29-03-2016, 01:21 PM
RE: Gonna have a GOOD TIME - by Shul - 30-03-2016, 04:34 AM