Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels in Amplifiers - I'm Alright (My first post)
I think you've got a good mix of the MTV-unplugged variety.

There are a few places to look in terms of EQ -- on the base guitar first, as that can clear out some space in your mix. Also, having the classical guitars full sounding is great in isolation -- but they (along with instruments like piano) can eat up a lot of space in a mix and make other things -- particularly drums -- start to sound small in comparison. So you may want to take a little low end off, although very much a matter of taste depending on the type of sound you're looking for (acoustic vs. pop).

Cheers, Jeff

PS: I didn't hear a lot of difference the multi-band EQ on the vocal. I would take a look at bringing the vocal out a little more clearly -- which might be a small cut around 1k and a little boost somewhere in the 2.5k-3.5k region.

PPS: Writing in automation is very much a matter of taste. I'd go for a quality single automated channel fader (something like the Presonus FaderPort) solution, over a rotary encoder solution. But, that said (and I did a lot of live sound many years ago) I've become quite happy drawing automation in with the mouse and/or the iPad LPX app nowadays.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42

Messages In This Thread
RE: Angels in Amplifiers - I'm Alright (My first post) - by jeffd42 - 29-12-2015, 04:23 AM