Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
All The Same - Mandubien's mix
(12-11-2015, 10:07 PM)Mandubien Wrote: I'm really against that loudness war with over compressed audio. So I mastered to get the choruses at -10 dB RMS.....

unfortunately RMS isn't a loudness standard. EBU R128 is and it deals specifically with objective loudness values, rather than subjective loudness (i.e. based on an individuals perception), which is always going to the case when discussing RMS....that's why nobody talks about RMS these days; it has no meaning. you can have 2 different sounds, both producing the same RMS, but one can appear perceptually louder than the other. and i've not even mentioned perceived loudness based on play back levels and spectral content......i could go on!

your chorus was hitting -6.6 LUFS, on the short-term meter. the verses were typically around the -15 LUFS value.

i strongly recommend you do some research on this and inform yourself. if you don't yet have a loudness meter, there are free plugs on the web....i can highly recommend the ToneBoosters EBULoudness meter. make sure you read up fully on the various parameters it displays so you know what it's telling you.

go easy,, Wink
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
All The Same - Mandubien's mix - by Mandubien - 01-11-2015, 08:04 PM
RE: All The Same - Mandubien's mix - by GlitsMix - 02-11-2015, 05:39 AM
RE: All The Same - Mandubien's mix - by Mandubien - 02-11-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: All The Same - Mandubien's mix - by Mandubien - 12-11-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: All The Same - Mandubien's mix - by The_Metallurgist - 13-11-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: All The Same - Mandubien's mix - by Mandubien - 15-11-2015, 08:35 PM