Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
My Mix
(21-10-2015, 02:41 PM)kappe307 Wrote: Hi everyone,
this is my mix for the song Sleep by the fire, bloom in water
any comment is welcome!

\<.

Hi kappe307,

I like your mix. The kick has a nice amount of weught, but it's a little too loud in the balance for my taste. Nice stereo spread on the entire kit. I think you've used mostly the original kit snare tracks, like me and a few others here. And, we all suffer for our madness, if that includes you, I haven't been able to get the right snare sound, like most who used the raw tracks. Your's sounds like this too. Too much trash on the tail and a little tubby. I'm not giving up though! Smile
There's a nice separation going on with the guitars too. They're a bit toppy and lacking in the low mids to upper lows for me. Not that thay are thin but frequency-wise it seems unblanced top to bottom, not an even spread for me. I like where the kick and bass sit and how they are separaed, but as I tell everyone I really dig that edgy amp sound and I've always tried to bring that out and keep the direct sound for low end body the edgy track for character, I think you might want to give that a try too. The vocal fx in the last pre just didn't work for me. That's a lot of comments I've just made but I think most of them are in-line with this is a really good sounding mix. Smile
Great work and thanks for sharing.
TC

Messages In This Thread
My Mix - by kappe307 - 21-10-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: My Mix - by Ak3r - 21-10-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: My Mix - by kappe307 - 26-10-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: My Mix - by wurstdrummer - 28-10-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: My Mix - by TChianit - 01-11-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: My Mix - by konop_tnt - 02-11-2015, 09:50 PM