Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Forkupines - Sleep By The Fire... (CRMC Mix)
Listening for the revised mix...

In terms of amount the mix is actually lacking some low mids. And some midrange focus in general. I like the way you've turned up the bass from a conceptual standpoint; I feel many mixes feature a quiet bass mainly because the bass doesn't sound great in this recording.

IMO you're approaching the energy thing from a wrong perspective. You have a powerful low end and a crispy top end. However this being rock music that'll be all in vain if the midrange doesn't have the clarity and edge. This mix'll sound wonderful when monitoring loud but turns progressively worse when you turn it down. You'd rather have it the other way around. Why? Because often people listen to new song/mix in a quiet level, being all bigoted lol! Big Grin And to make a mix sound great on low levels is all about getting the midrange right.

Level match your mix against your references (preferably slow a-weighted LUFS) and A/B while monitoring very, very quietly. I think you could learn a lot from that (I certainly did and do).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forkupines - Sleep By The Fire... (CRMC Mix) - by Spede - 20-10-2015, 03:16 PM