Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We'll Talk About It All Tonight - Olli H
Hello,

When i heard your mix i immediately start to feel weird, it may be that, as many of the versions here , give too much attention on the drums and forgot the piano
(clearly a piano driven song), or maybe that you try to fit everything there and don't try to find what is important and get rid of the ''busy'' tracks.
Sometimes we forget that we are mixers and we know every part of the song, assuming anyone will hear anything we do, but unfortunately thats not the case, we have to make things stand out
and clearly for a reason and not to try separate everything and give them a bit tiny space, sometimes it may be the case but more often not.

The song it self is a huge challenge in many matters as the recording it self is pretty crap and may be someone give too much attention on eq that can forgot other more important things.

At that point i will like to say that i gave my truthful suggestions there and i find pretty disturbing when someone write to anyone that his mix is great, we are faaaaaar from greatness anyone here
some more than others, but the point is to grow and learn in every mix and not to boost our ego, for that you will never see me comment almost to noone and that is because there so many things that are wrong to write that i felt there is no point (plus i like the free time i get to hearing great mixes and not judge other mediocre )
.The best way to learn is by hearing stuff you like and try to figure out whats wrong with yours, mix by mix will be closer hearing more things and abandon failed approaches, hopefully at the end your style will show up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll Talk About It All Tonight - Olli H - by gopener - 16-12-2014, 10:19 AM