Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
APZX's Lacuna Mix and Mastered by Rickaudio Music
Well this is quite different than my original take on the mix. Not a bad thing by any means and actually gives me a couple of ideas on some things I might try in some future mixes. What really got me more than any one thing was how some sounds were processed over others. Like based on what I was hearing and knowing what would be coming up I thought I had a decent notion of how it might actually sound. Now, none of this is bad. It is actually very good as it gives me another perspective on the mix itself.

I actually don't mind the rearrangement much. It kind of threw me, but really it isn't anything bad. But with that being said I do feel that in the process of reworking I think some more care should have been paid to that constant pump and kind of smoothed it out more. Just my opinion on that bit though. Not that I don't like it. I actually love some of the bits that you changed, but the overall effect is something I'm unsure about.

As for the mix itself. I feel that some of the widening was taken a step too far, it just sounds a bit off to me. But for the most part I really like what you did. Especially when you were working the highs towards the end. I was actually very impressed with the amount of energy you managed to cram up there whilst still retaining clarity. Though I do have a gripe with the kick. It isn't as deep or have as much punch as I intended it to have. This also brings me to a complaint about the low end in general. I just felt there could have been more (even in my own mix). I do however, love the processing on that poly-synth you did. I mean you managed to give a sound, which IMO did not have a lot character, quite a bit of character. Very well done on that. Also, I really liked the fairly raw sound of the pads and strings. Just such a stark contrast to a lot of the other elements.

Overall I like it, but before I give my seal of approval I at least need the kick to have more . . ., well everything.

Edit - I did not notice this post until today, so I apologize for such a late response.

Messages In This Thread
RE: APZX's Lacuna Mix and Mastered by Rickaudio Music - by APZX - 14-12-2012, 11:45 AM