Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ferryboat Men- Wind of Gypsy Moor
(03-05-2024, 08:11 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: I went back and did a complete redo, the story of my life Smile. Spent a whole lot of time on the toms trying to tame it down. The tail ends was hard to work with. Was able to bring the drums forward, even with the constant pounding toms. Worked on the balance of the guitars more, especially the lead guitar. I don't know if it's a hit or a miss Smile.

v2 voice is better than v3.

On v3 the drums sound with more snap but they are too loud. Also the top end is over emphasized. not sure if your ear got fatigued and by the end of your session you boosted too much? 
Less is better.. for example whatever you think should be boosted, just boost less than that.. if you are cutting out stuff, whatever you think should be cut, cut less than what you think... Compression too.Whatever you think should be compressing, compress less than that. Just a friendly beginner tip that served me well when learning.

This is just an example of the drums I had on the song. Top end can't be crazy high in relation to the rest of the frequencies or else it sounds too "pointy" or "sharp"

.mp3    GYPSYMOOR_2_drumbusSample.mp3 --  (Download: 1.22 MB)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ferryboat Men- Wind of Gypsy Moor - by Shul - 04-05-2024, 04:06 AM