Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**NEWLY UPDATED** Fytakyte - Too Much - Mix and Master by mITc
(09-06-2023, 11:32 PM)Roy Wrote: I listened to the mastered version. It has a nice pump to it but isn't 'pumpy'. I find the guitars in the chorus to be a bit loud and disconnected mostly the guitar on the right. Also in the solo section.
I think the issues that jumped out to me is mostly centered around the vocals. They sometimes feel buried or overwhelmed by everything else going on. It's just a fairly busy song which I think is one of its strengths but can be tricky to deal with. I also feel like the vocals are a bit sibilant, especially near the end when all the background vocals are hitting the esses at the same time. Then again, it might just be me being overly sensitive to sibilants. I feel like every mix of this one is fairly sibilant. Beyond that, the mix overall feels good tonally.

I appreciate the dynamics between sections. It is a dynamic song and I feel like most here have generally flattened it, myself included.
Hey Roy,
Thanks for the listen and the comments. Agreed about the vocals getting buried and a bit sibilant. Please have another listen as I have updated both files to fix the vocals from getting lost at times.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fytakyte - Too Much - Mix and Master by mITc - by Mixinthecloud - 09-06-2023, 11:59 PM