Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**NEWLY UPDATED** Fytakyte - Too Much - Mix and Master by mITc
Another creative treat from Fytakyte. A great arrangement, beautifully produced and well performed.

I have followed the path others have chosen for this song and I am including both the pre-mastered mix and the mastered mix. It's revealing.

No special tricks needed here, just some minor creativity with some tracks and automation.
I used an SSL E console template (by Waves) for this mix and I really liked how the channel/bus strip performed with enough electricity and control to bring out the song as I heard it.
My master bus consisted of a four-band stock PreSonus EQ for over-all sweetening, followed by The Glue with the limiter on. That's it.

The master is using a stock PreSonus ProEQ followed by the TDR Limiter 6 GE. This wonderful device has Compression, HF Limiter, Clipper, Peak Limiter and PCM Limiter modules with all kinds of subtle adjustments in each.

Thanks to Andrew for another great work. I hope you enjoy my interpretation.

Unmastered 4 and Mastered 5

This is an evolved mix based on your comments and presented as unmastered and mastered versions. These mixes are quite present with a low-level listening loudness approach. Please adjust your playback volume accordingly. Thanks.

Mastered 6

After some good comments pointing to the difficulties I was having with the vocals, I had all but given up. But a very timely webcast from Mark Daniel was just what the doctor ordered. I believe I have the impact I wanted in the ensemble and the clarity on the background vocals they deserve. I don't know. What do you think?

Mix well and mix often,
mITc

.mp3    Too Much Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

.mp3    Too Much Unmastered.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

.mp3    Too Much Unmastered 4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

.mp3    Too Much Mastered 5.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

.mp3    Too Much Mastered 6.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
**NEWLY UPDATED** Fytakyte - Too Much - Mix and Master by mITc - by Mixinthecloud - 09-06-2023, 07:39 PM