Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candlebox: 'Happy Pills'
Candlebox: 'Happy Pills'

.mp3    Mixdown.mp3 --  (Download: 6.6 MB)

.mp3    Mixdown(2).mp3 --  (Download: 6.65 MB)

The guitars are wide, but a huge hole has been created between them. It would be necessary to somehow fill this space.
Alexander
(01-09-2019, 06:17 PM)Equilibrium Wrote: The guitars are wide, but a huge hole has been created between them. It would be necessary to somehow fill this space.

Thank you for listening and commenting. Fixed in v2
I listened to V2. I like the overall clarity. I think the snare could be a bit bigger, are there samples? The snare feels a little 'disconnected' from the rest of the mix. If that makes sense. I like the guitar tones especially during the breaks. I can't really judge the low end on earbuds but what I hear feels good.

Also, just curious did you use an SSL plug in with a gate? Just curious if I noticed it.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.
(02-09-2019, 12:08 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I listened to V2. I like the overall clarity. I think the snare could be a bit bigger, are there samples? The snare feels a little 'disconnected' from the rest of the mix. If that makes sense. I like the guitar tones especially during the breaks. I can't really judge the low end on earbuds but what I hear feels good.

Also, just curious did you use an SSL plug in with a gate? Just curious if I noticed it.

Hi Roy thank you for listening. yes the snare and kick are sample enhanced. The guitar tones are a combination of SSL eq plus re amping through a Mesa Boogie amp. I did use the SSL eqs but not gating. I did cleaned up the tracks with mutes. That helps with the clarity you perceived and may give the impression gates were used while mixing. Thank you
Actually I thought it might be the SSL gates because there a little bit of noise that fades away right before the song starts. I've noticed that the SSL gates always seem to open up at the top of a session regardless of the threshold. I don't know why they do it and it's annoying when it happens. That noise at the top reminded me of it.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.