Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candlebox: 'Happy Pills'
Candlebox: 'Happy Pills'

.mp3    Mixdown.mp3 --  (Download: 6.6 MB)

.mp3    Mixdown(2).mp3 --  (Download: 6.65 MB)

The guitars are wide, but a huge hole has been created between them. It would be necessary to somehow fill this space.
Alexander
(01-09-2019, 06:17 PM)Equilibrium Wrote: The guitars are wide, but a huge hole has been created between them. It would be necessary to somehow fill this space.

Thank you for listening and commenting. Fixed in v2
I listened to V2. I like the overall clarity. I think the snare could be a bit bigger, are there samples? The snare feels a little 'disconnected' from the rest of the mix. If that makes sense. I like the guitar tones especially during the breaks. I can't really judge the low end on earbuds but what I hear feels good.

Also, just curious did you use an SSL plug in with a gate? Just curious if I noticed it.
(02-09-2019, 12:08 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I listened to V2. I like the overall clarity. I think the snare could be a bit bigger, are there samples? The snare feels a little 'disconnected' from the rest of the mix. If that makes sense. I like the guitar tones especially during the breaks. I can't really judge the low end on earbuds but what I hear feels good.

Also, just curious did you use an SSL plug in with a gate? Just curious if I noticed it.

Hi Roy thank you for listening. yes the snare and kick are sample enhanced. The guitar tones are a combination of SSL eq plus re amping through a Mesa Boogie amp. I did use the SSL eqs but not gating. I did cleaned up the tracks with mutes. That helps with the clarity you perceived and may give the impression gates were used while mixing. Thank you
Actually I thought it might be the SSL gates because there a little bit of noise that fades away right before the song starts. I've noticed that the SSL gates always seem to open up at the top of a session regardless of the threshold. I don't know why they do it and it's annoying when it happens. That noise at the top reminded me of it.