Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fade RJRMIX
Hey erjee
Yes, I've just listened to this version 7. It sounds really good. It's pretty close to the original, but with a little rock edge. 
But that's a matter of personal taste. 
I find that overall the mix lacks air, there's no real depth and the vocals and some of the guitars are really upfront, something I don't really appreciate. It's obvious when listening through headphones: you get the feeling of being suffocated. But on other listening systems, it's fine. 
Bravo for your pugnacity. This is your best version....
Cheers
Franz
Hi Franz, thanks for listening! Indeed in V7 went for a more modern in-your-face sound. Tried to mellow some of the upfront guitars in the verses - updated the same V7!

Cheers
Hey erjee,

Small or rather big doubt concerning a possible update of your version 7. Please note that the update does not appear in the reference. Well, the problem is that I don't hear any difference between the two versions I downloaded. 

My ears, perhaps? 

Allow me to make an almost philosophical remark: 7 versions are already a considerable amount of work when you realize that there are differences between the first version and the last.
But at some point, it might be wise to stop making hypothetical changes that you end up not really hearing. Logic would dictate that, after the nth version, we reset everything to zero and start a new mix, taking into account all the changes made in the various versions. Visibility, or rather hearing, would then be all the better, as the whole mix would be tackled anew, rather than focusing on the not always perceptible changes of n versions. Just a point of view...

Cheers

Francis