Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Earforce: Facing The Truth
Nice, old school Blues Rock song. My kind of music. Great Strat sounds.
The recordingsĀ are suboptimal here and there. But I needed no samples or replacer for anything to back something up.

.mp3    RockMe_FacingTheTruth.mp3 --  (Download: 10.62 MB)

the balance is good and the low and high end is very well done.. however you scooped the mids too much so it sounds kinda phasey after a while. It lacks body and thickness. More specifically the snare or drums and the guitars. Vocals can probably sound good the way they are.
Also less compression would help. It sounds a too squashed for me.

keep it up!
Hi Shul,

thank you for your response. Hints are always weclome. I tried some of your suggestions.
Yes I think I know, what you mean with "phasey". But think it was the reverb. I changed it. But I dont think it is to scooped, nor lacks body or thickness for me. I tried to give the snare more body, but didnt like it. I also gave the leading guitars more low mids, but worked not for me. I totally disagree with less compression. I A/Bed it with some pro reference tracks of the genre. So I would say, there is perhaps to less compression, than too much. Well, the drums are kind of squashed. I had them before much less processed, but felt comfortable after I used some saturation in combination with a optical kind of comp.