Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night after One Of Those Days
** EDIT Dec 2, 2023 **

Ahoy Ahoy!

So I've been re-mixing sessions with LUNA to see how it fairs these days and wowsers. I'm putting hardly any plugins (sometimes none) and the DAW is doing all the work. 
It's incredible. I recommend anyone who is wanting to know what mixing on a real consol is like, crack open LUNA and try the console emulation.

This one I used the Vision API channel strip and summing (on every channel and buss) and the results are what you can hear in the mix I've posted. HUGE difference compared to my original mix (which had 100x more plugins). 

I did zero editing, zero automation, and used almost no plugins besides the Vision API strip. The API summing and the strip did 95% of the work. 

Please leave a comment if you have any questions. 

Ahoy there my dearly beloved.
We are gathered here today to bear witness to another fantastic Fytakyte frivolity. 

This is a pretty quick mix, but seems legit.
Ditched the barbershop quartet at the start because it reminded me too much of Weird Al Yankovik's affinity for polka. 
Comments are welcome! Or we can just chew the fat.
Love from Quathamer x

.mp3    FytaKyte_Disconnected_Mix1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.72 MB)

.mp3    LUNA_FytaKyte_Disconnected_Full - MAIN-1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.85 MB)

~
Other Mixes
(03-10-2023, 02:33 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Ahoy there my dearly beloved.
We are gathered here today to bear witness to another fantastic Fytakyte frivolity. 

This is a pretty quick mix, but seems legit.
Ditched the barbershop quartet at the start because it reminded me too much of Weird Al Yankovik's affinity for polka. 
Comments are welcome! Or we can just chew the fat.
Love from Quathamer x
Congratulations on the mix. Your musical creativity gave the song a new sound. Greetings
(03-10-2023, 06:58 PM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote: Congratulations on the mix. Your musical creativity gave the song a new sound. Greetings
Thanks bro! I enjoyed playing around with this one. It's a fun track.
~
Other Mixes
Hi Quathhamer, you missed the intro of the song "well I..." Those are important lyrics and need to be there.

Overall, the mix is very "bombastic" which brings a certain energy to the track, but there are a lot of really negative artefacts that result from the processing.

For example, there is a lot of nuance, detail and ghost-noting in the drum performance, and all of that is getting lost. It is a very important part of the song's feel and groove. The whole mix is pumping and ducking the vocals so that some of the words and phrases are getting squashed down in level, and some are distorted sounding. The vocals are also over-de-essed somewhat.

The bass is also a big part of the song's signature funk/rock sound, but all the high end has been taken out, so any definition and nuance in the performance is gone. It also gets lost on smaller speakers.

I applaud the energy and vibe evident in your intention here, but I think your mixes would really benefit if you referenced some professional mixes to get a feel for what would fit in between the extremes of what is acceptable on that level. Some of that energy could work well, but you need dial it back some to make sure it doesn't overshadow the song.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thanks so much for the comments mate. Very helpful.
~
Other Mixes
Posted an update with a new LUNA mix.
~
Other Mixes