Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelo Boltini - Fragments (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My try on this fine song, a challenge but fun to mix. Thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

New mix V2 trying to fix some of the problems

.mp3    Angelo Boltini - Fragments (Hein-Ivan Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)

.mp3    Angelo Boltini - Fragments (Hein-Ivan Mix) V2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)

Hi! I remember when I was studying at the institute, my teacher told me a trick about how to perceive mixes if I'm not sure that everything is in order. To make it louder, our hearing is arranged in such a way that medium and high frequencies at a higher volume will cause us discomfort.
I immediately noticed that the mix can be made softer by using high and low filters. When working with electronic music, you always need to pay more attention to a particular sound and its tasks in the mix.
I would try to focus on the rhythmic part, bass and vocals and piano. As for synthesizers, you can make them less accentuated by using filters.
Hi Hat seemed very loud and intrusive. Another thing that confused me was this slightly flat mix, despite its effects. As for the ending- it fell apart completely - there was a mono mix communication. With so many tracks, it sounded very strange.(listen carefully to the original and compare what idea the author wanted to convey, I think it should have been catharsis) Good luck and high-quality mixes. I hope I didn't offend you.
(14-10-2023, 10:12 AM)JunglestateUnion Wrote: Hi! I remember when I was studying at the institute, my teacher told me a trick about how to perceive mixes if I'm not sure that everything is in order. To make it louder, our hearing is arranged in such a way that medium and high frequencies at a higher volume will cause us discomfort.
I immediately noticed that the mix can be made softer by using high and low filters. When working with electronic music, you always need to pay more attention to a particular sound and its tasks in the mix.
I would try to focus on the rhythmic part, bass and vocals and piano. As for synthesizers, you can make them less accentuated by using filters.
Hi Hat seemed very loud and intrusive. Another thing that confused me was this slightly flat mix, despite its effects. As for the ending- it fell apart completely - there was a mono mix communication. With so many tracks, it sounded very strange.(listen carefully to the original and compare what idea the author wanted to convey, I think it should have been catharsis) Good luck and high-quality mixes. I hope I didn't offend you.
Hi JunglestateUnion! Many thanks for the comments and no you do not offend me. I hopefully did manage to fix some of the problems with the new version V2. Cheers!
The thing i'm missing is that kick in there. Drums sound very weak. Vocals are very nice!! good work there.
Synths are too agressive for me but they manage to bring excitement to the mix I'd just be carefulwith too much going on.
Hope it helps.
(27-11-2023, 09:41 AM)Shul Wrote: The thing i'm missing is that kick in there. Drums sound very weak. Vocals are very nice!! good work there.
Synths are too agressive for me but they manage to bring excitement to the mix I'd just be carefulwith too much going on.
Hope it helps.
Hi Shul! Many thanks for the comments. I did struggle a bit with this one so very helpful comments are indeed needed. I'll do a new mix later on. Cheers!