Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Evans - Me And My Crew
Hello, this is my mix - comments are very welcome - cheers Jimmy

.mp3    Will Evans - Me And My Crew.mp3 --  (Download: 4.87 MB)

Hey Jimmy, not to bad i liked the vox delay thing to make it "doubled" sort of, would4 have been really cool to have some slow delays like on 4/4s in addition to that to make it even more spacey but if you do it very delicate like just a couple of % wet on that in conjunction. I think the whole master and mix could get some small dips in the mids around 700hz as i hear it to gain some more deep headroom to gain. I think it mostly is the vocal that has some mids that bother since its so loud in the mix. I would like the kick a bit "louder"-(more like beefier i guess) at some few spots and if you lack headroom then mark all channels except the kick and gain them down a bit. Bass sound really good, it was really farty and sounded horrible to begin with so i hear you have cut some of that fartyness and added some nice sustainy highmids, really clean and still deap. What almost no one have done yet in there mix is to utalize the organ more, but you actually did this so i like that, but i think it needs to get a bit more gained a very tiny bit more because for me it has a very driving sound for the song and this mix / master feels a bit "stale" and not so moving, and its a musical instrument aswell so it contributes well. I know the organ is a bit poky in the highmids so try de-ess it and then you can gain it more in the other passages where it isn't so poky, but then again maybe a dynamic eq is better because de-essers can actually make it worse 2. Maybe oh/room for drums could be more upfront and if you make it aggro-stylish it can really contribute. Its a good mix though so gj! Hope i got something for ya that could help.
Hi Crownoise, thanks for your positive comments - I was really surprised to get comments at all because I am very new on this forum. Yes, one can fine tune very much on this song to make the complete sound better. I am not in my studio at the moment but I will take your comments and fine tune the mix as far as I am back. Cheers Jimmy
Hi Jimmy. There is a lot of clarity missing on the instruments. Drums are very low in comparison with vocals and bass. The thing I recommend is listen to reference mixes from other bands so you get an idea on the EQ and balancing of instruments.

The vocals here are on point but everything else needs some work. Keep it up!! and also getting comments on here is all about giving your bit to the community as well. There are people who never comment on others mixes.. people usually stop buy your mix after you leave a comment on theirs. There are the exception of course. Some people never comment on others mixes, Those are the ones with the most 0's on them lol. But yeah give a bit you can get back a bit. That's pretty much how it works here. It's never a guarantee but it will get your going on the forum. Cheers!
Basically solid. I do have an issue with the keyboard on the left which is way out of context for me in this mix. While it sounds good the balance is off for me and loses the guitar.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]