Discussion Zone
Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?) - Printable Version

+- Discussion Zone (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com)
+-- Forum: 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library: mixing forum (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Rock, Punk, Metal (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: I Am Cassettes: 'Believe' (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=323)
+---- Thread: Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?) (/showthread.php?tid=13932)

Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?) - Shul - 14-02-2016

I tried really hard to get this mix to have that emotional Impact It should have. Loved it the moment I heard it and I did my best to make it solid.
I hope I managed to produce that energy that makes you space out in a nostalgic moment.

anyways

Feedback is always welcomed so please do drop a comment about it.

V2: Mastered differently and Remixed somewhat.

RE: Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?) - thedon - 14-02-2016

Hey Shul ,
I like your mix,sounds pretty well balanced,I think the vocals could come up a touch or maybe they could being masked by a ringing resonance of the acoustic guitars at somewhere between 120 and 130hz area ,i think i had to notch out around 124hz with a narrow parametric eq to tame it.
A touch more bottom end on the bass and kick would sound great and a slight dip around the 4k area.
The electric comes in at around 2.00 sounds a touch heavy by about 3 or 6 db in somewhere around the 500 and 1.5k area .
Just some thoughts while having a critical listening on headphones.

Cheers Big Grin
Don

RE: Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?) - Shul - 15-02-2016

(14-02-2016, 10:16 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Shul ,
I like your mix,sounds pretty well balanced,I think the vocals could come up a touch or maybe they could being masked by a ringing resonance of the acoustic guitars at somewhere between 120 and 130hz area ,i think i had to notch out around 124hz with a narrow parametric eq to tame it.
A touch more bottom end on the bass and kick would sound great and a slight dip around the 4k area.
The electric comes in at around 2.00 sounds a touch heavy by about 3 or 6 db in somewhere around the 500 and 1.5k area .

Cheers Big Grin
Don

Hey TheDon thank you for your time and feedback!

I found my first mix too compressed so I used oz4 for mastering.
Remixed taking into consideration what you said.
v2 sounds better?

RE: Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?) - thedon - 15-02-2016

(15-02-2016, 08:51 AM)Shul Wrote:
(14-02-2016, 10:16 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Shul ,

Cheers Big Grin
Don

Hey TheDon thank you for your time and feedback!

I found my first mix too compressed so I used oz4 for mastering.
Remixed taking into consideration what you said.
v2 sounds better?
Version 2 sounds much better ,I can still hear the the ringing on the guitar and noticed I that typed in 120hz-130hz ,when i should have typed 220-230 and a narrow parametric dip at 224hz ,try that and you will hear the difference ,sorry for the bum steer BlushBlushBlush
good job with the oz4 mastering Big Grin

Cheers

RE: Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?) - Shul - 16-02-2016

(15-02-2016, 09:28 AM)thedon Wrote: Version 2 sounds much better ,I can still hear the the ringing on the guitar and noticed I that typed in 120hz-130hz ,when i should have typed 220-230 and a narrow parametric dip at 224hz ,try that and you will hear the difference ,sorry for the bum steer BlushBlushBlush
good job with the oz4 mastering Big Grin

Cheers

I just checked and I did hear that resonance.. I also got a new pair of monitors. Took out the ugly guitar freq. but the mix will sound a bit different since I'm getting used to the makcies MR5. I will upload soon.

RE: Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?) - gkallergis - 25-03-2016

Hello Shul!
Really amazing mix! Commercial quality! Big Grin It really captures the feeling you said and I really like your orchestra, pretty clear and distinct! What you did with the vocals on the right towards the end is also really nice!

One thing I think would be interesting to hear is the guitar coming in on 2:00, spread a bit on the field. It sounds to me a bit rough and in the middle-back-down position while I would expect it in a more larger-than-life-around-me position to compliment the song's increase in passion-feeling-intensity ! I use lots of technical terms, haha! Big Grin

Also, maybe the pad vocals in the end crowd it too much.

I'll let you know when I mix this (it will be a few weeks down the road)! I would really like your feedback! Smile

Great job! Cheers!

RE: Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?) - Shul - 25-03-2016

(25-03-2016, 01:15 AM)gkallergis Wrote: Hello Shul!
Really amazing mix! Commercial quality! Big Grin It really captures the feeling you said and I really like your orchestra, pretty clear and distinct! What you did with the vocals on the right towards the end is also really nice!

One thing I think would be interesting to hear is the guitar coming in on 2:00, spread a bit on the field. It sounds to me a bit rough and in the middle-back-down position while I would expect it in a more larger-than-life-around-me position to compliment the song's increase in passion-feeling-intensity ! I use lots of technical terms, haha! Big Grin

Also, maybe the pad vocals in the end crowd it too much.

I'll let you know when I mix this (it will be a few weeks down the road)! I would really like your feedback! Smile

Great job! Cheers!

hey man thanks for the feedback of course if you let me know I could definitely give you feedback on your mix I'm glad you like mine

I'll look into those details next time I mix this song again

RE: Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?) - sonicenergystudio - 13-06-2016

Shul,

Sweet Mix. You know that I like a huge kick so the V2 is better for me.

Had a tough time on the last big swell-lots of stuff happening so it was hard for me to pick which one to go with. the pan on the vocals there seems to put them a little far back for my taste-and the guitar work is not that powerful to sacrifice it in my opinion.

Otherwise I'm jealous as your mix is lots cleaner than mine with a lot more top end. I tamed it maybe too much in my mix.

I posted my mix at K20 if you want to give your mastering prowess a go.

Mike