Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Believe (Beautiful Song/5 Star worth mix?)
I tried really hard to get this mix to have that emotional Impact It should have. Loved it the moment I heard it and I did my best to make it solid.
I hope I managed to produce that energy that makes you space out in a nostalgic moment.

anyways

Feedback is always welcomed so please do drop a comment about it.

V2: Mastered differently and Remixed somewhat.

.mp3    Believe-IAmCassettes.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

.mp3    Believe-IAmCassettes(2).mp3 --  (Download: 8.6 MB)

Hey Shul ,
I like your mix,sounds pretty well balanced,I think the vocals could come up a touch or maybe they could being masked by a ringing resonance of the acoustic guitars at somewhere between 120 and 130hz area ,i think i had to notch out around 124hz with a narrow parametric eq to tame it.
A touch more bottom end on the bass and kick would sound great and a slight dip around the 4k area.
The electric comes in at around 2.00 sounds a touch heavy by about 3 or 6 db in somewhere around the 500 and 1.5k area .
Just some thoughts while having a critical listening on headphones.

Cheers Big Grin
Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(14-02-2016, 10:16 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Shul ,
I like your mix,sounds pretty well balanced,I think the vocals could come up a touch or maybe they could being masked by a ringing resonance of the acoustic guitars at somewhere between 120 and 130hz area ,i think i had to notch out around 124hz with a narrow parametric eq to tame it.
A touch more bottom end on the bass and kick would sound great and a slight dip around the 4k area.
The electric comes in at around 2.00 sounds a touch heavy by about 3 or 6 db in somewhere around the 500 and 1.5k area .

Cheers Big Grin
Don

Hey TheDon thank you for your time and feedback!

I found my first mix too compressed so I used oz4 for mastering.
Remixed taking into consideration what you said.
v2 sounds better?
(15-02-2016, 08:51 AM)Shul Wrote:
(14-02-2016, 10:16 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Shul ,

Cheers Big Grin
Don

Hey TheDon thank you for your time and feedback!

I found my first mix too compressed so I used oz4 for mastering.
Remixed taking into consideration what you said.
v2 sounds better?
Version 2 sounds much better ,I can still hear the the ringing on the guitar and noticed I that typed in 120hz-130hz ,when i should have typed 220-230 and a narrow parametric dip at 224hz ,try that and you will hear the difference ,sorry for the bum steer BlushBlushBlush
good job with the oz4 mastering Big Grin

Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(15-02-2016, 09:28 AM)thedon Wrote: Version 2 sounds much better ,I can still hear the the ringing on the guitar and noticed I that typed in 120hz-130hz ,when i should have typed 220-230 and a narrow parametric dip at 224hz ,try that and you will hear the difference ,sorry for the bum steer BlushBlushBlush
good job with the oz4 mastering Big Grin

Cheers

I just checked and I did hear that resonance.. I also got a new pair of monitors. Took out the ugly guitar freq. but the mix will sound a bit different since I'm getting used to the makcies MR5. I will upload soon.
Hello Shul!
Really amazing mix! Commercial quality! Big Grin It really captures the feeling you said and I really like your orchestra, pretty clear and distinct! What you did with the vocals on the right towards the end is also really nice!

One thing I think would be interesting to hear is the guitar coming in on 2:00, spread a bit on the field. It sounds to me a bit rough and in the middle-back-down position while I would expect it in a more larger-than-life-around-me position to compliment the song's increase in passion-feeling-intensity ! I use lots of technical terms, haha! Big Grin

Also, maybe the pad vocals in the end crowd it too much.

I'll let you know when I mix this (it will be a few weeks down the road)! I would really like your feedback! Smile

Great job! Cheers!

(25-03-2016, 01:15 AM)gkallergis Wrote: Hello Shul!
Really amazing mix! Commercial quality! Big Grin It really captures the feeling you said and I really like your orchestra, pretty clear and distinct! What you did with the vocals on the right towards the end is also really nice!

One thing I think would be interesting to hear is the guitar coming in on 2:00, spread a bit on the field. It sounds to me a bit rough and in the middle-back-down position while I would expect it in a more larger-than-life-around-me position to compliment the song's increase in passion-feeling-intensity ! I use lots of technical terms, haha! Big Grin

Also, maybe the pad vocals in the end crowd it too much.

I'll let you know when I mix this (it will be a few weeks down the road)! I would really like your feedback! Smile

Great job! Cheers!

hey man thanks for the feedback of course if you let me know I could definitely give you feedback on your mix I'm glad you like mine

I'll look into those details next time I mix this song again
Shul,

Sweet Mix. You know that I like a huge kick so the V2 is better for me.

Had a tough time on the last big swell-lots of stuff happening so it was hard for me to pick which one to go with. the pan on the vocals there seems to put them a little far back for my taste-and the guitar work is not that powerful to sacrifice it in my opinion.

Otherwise I'm jealous as your mix is lots cleaner than mine with a lot more top end. I tamed it maybe too much in my mix.

I posted my mix at K20 if you want to give your mastering prowess a go.

Mike