Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Motherlode
Version 2 is on the way. I did a hpf somwhere south of 20 Hz. But I think that improvement is equal to zero. You listen and tell if you can hear the difference. I did different panning of guitars , and added some width to accordion.
Here it is.

.mp3    motherlode2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.59 MB)

(12-11-2015, 04:50 PM)Obelix Wrote: Here it is.
Interesting: I hear a very significant difference in the upright - much quieter overall - a bit more defined. I set the HPF at 30Hz on mine and it didn't lower it near this much - mostly just tightened it.
In general, though, version 2 is much more pleasant to listen to - kind of mellow - has a lot more of the lower mid-range. The guitar solo is now center stage - an appropriate place for it. Good improvements...
Thx for the feedback.
Its a clean mix, but I feel it lacks cohesion. The guitars are very thing and brash, but the bass is absolutely kicking (which I am loving). I would suggest you work on spatial imaging a bit so the mix seems less one dimensional and give it some space. The vocal does sound great though, just enough air and high mids to cut and have some bite, but isn't obtrusive,
So for the v3 I would add a little reverb.