Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Motherlode
Nice, acoustic song. I hope it sounds good.

.mp3    oiink.mp3 --  (Download: 8.94 MB)

Nice Job on this lovely song ,to my ears the top end especially the acoustic guitar and vocals sibilance sounds a touch bright around 10 -16k area on my monitors Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I really liked the mix. I liked the closeness of everything. Some other mixes I've heard are a bit too roomy sounding Smile
Beautiful mix. That's all I have to say.

Actually.... get rid of the messy start and end and it will be just perfect.
(15-02-2015, 02:31 AM)SineMoraPro Wrote: Beautiful mix. That's all I have to say.

Actually.... get rid of the messy start and end and it will be just perfect.

Thanks You're very Kind
(04-01-2015, 02:11 AM)blaydenz Wrote: I really liked the mix. I liked the closeness of everything. Some other mixes I've heard are a bit too roomy sounding Smile

thank you Smile
(15-02-2015, 04:43 AM)blaydenz Wrote:
(04-01-2015, 02:11 AM)blaydenz Wrote: I really liked the mix. I liked the closeness of everything. Some other mixes I've heard are a bit too roomy sounding Smile

thank you Smile

Thx for the feedback.
(02-11-2014, 09:06 PM)Obelix Wrote: Nice, acoustic song. I hope it sounds good.

Nice mix, overall.

For me, the accordion is a little too loud in your mix at times and the upright bass seems to deep. However, that could be my personal taste on the bass:) I'm still trying to figure out a tone for the upright bass on my mix. It seems if it gets too deep, it tends to produce a slight speaker excursion/speaker fart. However, I'll continue to watch more videos online and address the problem:)
(02-11-2014, 09:06 PM)Obelix Wrote: Nice, acoustic song. I hope it sounds good.
Hi Obelix,

I have a couple helpful hints.

1. Reference Tracks: I think it would be very helpful for you to listen to a couple of reference tracks through your mixing system occasionally as you mix. Reference tracks can be about any professionally produced music you like, though it is usually a good idea for it to be in the genre that you are currently mixing.
If you do this, you will probably notice that the upper frequencies are quite loud, even if your monitoring system lacks accuracy in this range. You will also find that the midrange is fairly low. Since our hearing adjusts to the mix we are listening to at the time, reference tracks are quite important, especially if you do not have very accurate studio monitors set up well in a mixing room.

2. HPF: Stevenroberts noted the lows, particularly on the upright bass. Rather than reducing the level of the upright, this would probably better be solved with a high pass filter with the knee set somewhere between 20Hz and 50Hz to tighten up this bass and reduce the mud. I think you'll be surprised by the result.

Please feel free to come check out my mix and compare...

Happy mixing!
WaltsAudio
So a little less lows on double bass, a little darker guitars and quieter accordion.