Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over The Top
These guys have a discussion on multiband compressor/eq !
go to 23.00 on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWE3ddEpKC0

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

A multiband comp is a compressor that can eq and compress multibands you can use it on anything you want to.
nice sounding overall mix. Solid backbeat

slight quibble...snare is a maybe a bit snappy at times. A bit more thud could be nice and go well with the heavyish bass...only an observation...you know how much i struggle with drums....and by the end of the track I'm used to it..
(15-05-2014, 05:38 PM)takka360 Wrote: This is your mix with a tad of multi band

(15-05-2014, 06:32 PM)pauli Wrote: Wow, the difference is subtle and huge at the same time!

congratulations, you've just been caught out!

Alan's mixes tend to be hotter than others....and this is no exception here too. what you are hearing is higher compression and reduced dynamics and i'd suggest it's this you are responding to. a better evaluation would be to set both mixes to the same "loudness" for true comparative differences to be assessed reliably.
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!
hi,

could the guitars have been a bit wider. may be given the track a bit more dimension.they are at about 25 on the either side. would 60-70 have been a better choice.
it sounds good but i feel that the centre is a bit cluttered which takes away the energy a little bit.

let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,
Blue Bus.
Hey Blue Bus, thanks for your comments.

I agree, the guitars should be wider... you're right, they're about 25 to either side and the drums are wrapped around them a bit. It would probably be better to narrow the overheads a bit and keep the guitars outside of them for the most part. Cluttering the center is a foible of mine that I've been working on lately, thanks for flagging that up.

I'll check your version out shortly Smile
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Nice mix man, I really like it. However, I agree with the blue bus, if you make a guitars wider this is decorate your mix a little bit.
Even war didn't stop me from doing things you love.
Good one pauli!
This is your mix with my edit
Well, choice is only yours :-)

.mp3    Over The Top - pauli mix - M-D master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.21 MB)