Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ul-mix
Yeah sure,

What I'm hearing is that at at 1:10 the vocal seems to come forward quite a bit and the mix seems to get more compressed sounding.

The same sort of thing happens around 3:18 where the lead vocal seems to come up a bit, then the rest of the mix seems to follow around 3:25.

At 3:49 the whole mix sounds like it's trying to get louder, and it does. It also sounds like it gets more and more compressed from here through to about 4:10, then it stays there until the last part. It's as if the signal gets more "dense" here.

I'm not any sort of professional or anything but I'm definitely hearing it do those things.

I haven't seen the multitracks for this but do the signals on the tracks all get louder at these parts? It sounds like the mix, or parts of it, is pushing quite heavily into some buss compressors.

If there are no bus compressors then I have no idea Smile

There's also the possibility that it's absolutely fine and I can't hear. Big Grin

Chris

hi this track have dinamic i left what i can in i dont hear it like this (like you) and i didnt have a comp on the mix bus on it.
i dont have any problame with it for me its good.
as for the volume on the track on good mixes it go up as you go...(this is way thay call it building up-)
This isn't mix related, but one thing that jumps out at me is the tempo. Once the drums kick in it has a nice groove. But then it hits the chorus and everything seems to slow down and that groove disappears. Was that intentional? Maybe it's just because I'm a bass player and I typically lock in with the drums.
yes the song lose power on the chorus ,i dont think this song played to click (it seems so).i think the players know thay played live and probably miss the sign and fixed it as thay played .i will not tell them i hear that Smile)))
Strange... I still cannot figure out what exactly they wanted to achieve (apart from puzzling those of us who were brought up as bass players), but I was always absolutely sure they changed the tempo intentionally. And they do that very consistently. I mean, accidents sound somewhat different, don't they?

Oh, and I believe this issue actually is very much... well, perhaps not mix-related, but mix-relevant. Is there any way for a mix to mitigate the irritation these changes cause?

Marc
yes there is a way you need to find the overall tempo of avry section alone and make sure you fix the tempo of the section you need to fix ,but wen you fix you need to make sure the tempo incrise on evry section for ex. there are 5 section and on the third there is problume the section tempo are this 80,82,70-80,85,89 make sure the third section is on the grid on one of the tempo 83 or 84 and no one will know Smile)) its a lot of work but it can be fixed if you fill the need do it you will find alot of things on the live playing you can find agrid on bars or 1/2 or 1/4 what will work. i jast wanted to mix so i didnt do it i didnt know what the artist will say Smile)) but if i know that he didnt like it id fix it.
Um, well,

I believe I was more thinking about exaggerating the change, by changing one or more other aspects of the mix at the same time. Maybe that would make the tempo change appear more deliberate, and therefore less irritating.

As far as the grid is concerned... does one really need it for anything in this song?

Marc
OT: I am very weirded out by the tempo change. I've seen this live a lot where bands tend to follow the lead vocal for tempo (some people are "loose" and "inconsistent). It seems as if this had been the case here, I quickly lost interest in the rest of the song to be honest.

Mix-wise, I love the drum sound, As has been said before the groove at the start is just amazing, I personally like big and warm floating-head vocals more, But it must be taste since I haven't seen other comments about it. (which means to me that I probably overdo it)
hi let me say that he knows how to play i dont have any problame with it
you can listen to his records and hear.
i gess thay loved the feel ant it whas a live recording for the sake of the mic shotout by telefuncen so it was good enoth.Smile)
as for the vocal i jast did like i love to hear is voice on the disk "fearless" that bob clearmountan did and i love his work for me its good ,i jast keep it dry,but you can go in any dirction i jast take bob's Smile))
(28-04-2012, 07:07 PM)uzilevi Wrote: i jast used the best reverb on the world the free ir of brecasti find it on the net. there are 2.

Hey Uzi, from what you say, here, you're plugging in Bricasti reverb outboard with freely available impluse-responses. Is this correct?
Great! Best! But expensive ;-) I can't afford the monster.
Very good mix, indeed.

humbly said
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland