Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ul-mix
i hope you like it Big Grin one down alot moor to goTongue

.mp3    ul-mix immaculate.mp3 --  (Download: 4.49 MB)

Quote:one down alot moor to go

You're not kidding! You've been busy, I see. Still, on the basis of this mix I have to say that your practice appears to be paying dividends, because this is an extremely confident balancing job, and there are also lots of nice sounds in here. I definitely prefer this to the preview mix on most counts. You've delivered a lovely vocal sound, and with a great sense of blend to the mix in a general sense, as well as a nice 'opening out' of the atmosphere for the hook -- the latter very well judged, and presumably involving some kind of effects-level automation? The electric guitar solo fits very nicely into the track too, which isn't as easy as you've made it sound.

As far as any criticism goes, I'd say my main quibble would be that the piano really takes a hit from phase-cancellation -- it all but disappears from the choruses in mono, for instance. Those acoustic guitar fills (the first one heard around 0:05) sound rather too thin for me as well, which feels like a shame given the meatiness I can hear in the raw recordings here. In fact, I think that the acoustic guitars could have generally filled out the track's overall sound more, giving it a touch more body. As it is, they sound a bit over-filtered somehow, and the rhythmic drive of the production as a whole feels a bit weaker than I'd like as a result.

Still, those a both pretty small issues in the grand scheme of things. Nice stuff!
hi mike me and "mono" had a fight we dont like each other very much, i will try to be alot more "nicer" to him next time. Smile

i will take care of the mono in naxt mixes. the piano dont cancel its jast more inside .
This is one of the tracks I was referring to in the reply to my mix of Kevin Reeves -Game. Nice space, on the instruments. I always struggle with getting the reverb to sound natural, regardless of the verb plugin I use. I'm just not finding the balance between natural and over-effected.
You did a wonderful job on that here.
I love the richness of the piano that you've got. Also I agree with Mike, nice job putting the guitar solo so it doesn't stick out, like it appears to do on the tracks. Stylistically, it seems to be a departure, but art often is a departure from the norm, now isn't it?
Thanks for sharing your mix, I'll definitely reference this when I try this track.
(27-04-2012, 07:02 PM)Godawg1023 Wrote: Nice space, on the instruments. I always struggle with getting the reverb to sound natural, regardless of the verb plugin I use. I'm just not finding the balance between natural and over-effected.
You did a wonderful job on that here.

Can you provide any details of what you used, uzilevi?

i jast used the best reverb on the world the free ir of brecasti find it on the net. there are 2.you can use alot more ir there are alot on the net that do the best job like all the studios, you jast need ir plagin, so for me this is the first plagin to buy .after that evry thing is for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. let me jast say its not only the plagin, dont expect nothing...... after you will know how to work a reverb you can use any reverb that is midum and up. you cant do anything before you can hear, this is why i said to you listen to sheryl crow,find some one that can halp you see the way how to hear it,it will be shorter.
but you need to hear it first,it goes to evrything like eq and......im sory but you need to know when to stop, alone.

but dont be wory if you will continue one day you will wake up and you will jast know.

and as for you mike you will loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them.
(28-04-2012, 07:07 PM)uzilevi Wrote: and as for you mike you will loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them.

I'm looking forward to trying them out. Smile
let me know what you think.
I really like this. The one thing I noticed about it though is that some of the automation seems a bit too noticeable, in that you hear the mix rather than the music. It sounds to me as if it's changing in quite abrupt steps where it could be a bit more gradual.

Other than that I think it's great. I might personally try the electric guitar a bit drier and a bit more mono (though still panned) but thats just me.

Chris
hi chris what utomation you say you hear? can you say on what time.
i think i dont have a automation on that song in the sections ,may be the ac guitar i will listen again.
ive listen again and the only thing that in mine and not from the recording is only the ac gtr after the solo. and i dont have any problem with it Smile
some things move so...Smile))))