Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Hollow Ground Eman Mix of Left Blind
I forgot to mention, @1:21 seconds, it something weird with the kick? So much low. Check your edits.
Juanra Ortiz
http://www.lacuevastudio.com
[email protected]
Production | Tracking | Mixing | Mastering
Check out my other mixes here.
at 1:21 I added a bass drop just because I thought it made the song sound cool before the scream breakdown thing. It might not be the best sounding bass drop, but I am a fan of them and I am working on improving them. I love the band We Came As Romans, and they use lots of bass drops, so it gave me the idea of trying one in that spot at 1:21.
i may come back and completely remix this song. I want to experiment with other plugins for the guitars and maybe shape the drum sound a little more. Stay tuned for a possible new mix.
So as I said, I went back and remixed this whole song from scratch. I can tell my mixing skills are improving, as you can probably notice from each mix, and now to this current mix. Give it a listen, and let me know if there's anything I can improve on. Thanks!

.mp3    hollow ground - left blind remixed 1.1 MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.92 MB)

Hey man,

I can definitely hear the progress Smile

I love how your drums sound nice and beefy.

Would you mind to take a listen to mine and give some feedback?

I would appreciate it..
Last remix drum kit sounds great. I also like guitar fx you used, it reminds me of Deftones at times.
The only thing I didn´t like very much, was the "loudness" effect you used for your last remix; I can´t say if it is limiting or maximizing (I´m still starting to learn about mixing), but it made my ears hurt in some parts of the song. I´m a bit too ear-sensitive heheh
Still a very good mix Smile
PS: I apologize for my English, it is not my native language :/
Hey nice work. very balanced and great guitar and drum tone.
Like ladybug already mentioned, you've overdone a bit while mastering. imo it's too loud and squashed. for example at 0:30 you can hear distortion in the high frequencies when the crash hits which often occurs with too much limiting which is again quite uncomfortable.
Besides that it's really good and the bassdrop fits perfectly (: