Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
"BIG SOUND FOR YOUR EARS"
Have a lot of fun with reverb and delay for create that big and wide mix and i'm so satisfied with the result.

.mp3    Candlebox ++ Surrendering.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

Mr. Loud
The drums feel pretty choppy. Especially the snare. I’m missing the ghost hits and the groove feels stiff. I’m hearing random clicks. Maybe from a gate? I do like the punch of the kick. The bass tone works I think it could come up at times to help drive the song along. The melodic guitars could come back. They tend to distract from the vocal, especially in the bridge. The chorus loses some energy when it comes in and could use a boost to add to the dynamics.
I agree with roy.. the gated samples you are using makes the drums sound unnatural.. I'd suggest using the original drum tracks on par with the samples.. that way you get that nice smack of the sample but with the fullness of the original drums.
Guitars are fine i think i'd just boost the vocal al lil more.
Like the bass a lot. I would agree that the kick/snare sound 'choppy' when listened to without the context of the ensemble. However, in context it seems fine.
I think the guitars could be more dynamic to add energy through the arrangement and kick in when the chorus and energy comes up. Over all, this is very good.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(16-03-2020, 09:55 PM)Shul Wrote: I agree with roy.. the gated samples you are using makes the drums sound unnatural.. I'd suggest using the original drum tracks on par with the samples.. that way you get that nice smack of the sample but with the fullness of the original drums.
Guitars are fine i think i'd just boost the vocal al lil more.

Thanx 4 your reply but i didn’t use drums samples in this mix what you hear it’s the drums provided processed with gate because of bleeds.
Mr. Loud
(17-03-2020, 01:48 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Like the bass a lot. I would agree that the kick/snare sound 'choppy' when listened to without the context of the ensemble. However, in context it seems fine.
I think the guitars could be more dynamic to add energy through the arrangement and kick in when the chorus and energy comes up. Over all, this is very good.

Thanx for the listen
Mr. Loud