Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By My Side Mix
Hi all

Thanks for the tune!

Here is my try. I appreciate all feedback.

Thanks!

X

.mp3    ByMySideMrX.mp3 --  (Download: 9.04 MB)

I just gave it a quick listen but some things jump out at me.

The horns are pretty dry and in front. Especially since from the first snare hit there's this illusion of a space and then the horns come in dry and it's a little jarring.

There's a slap reverb sound that's a bit distracting and feels odd. At first I thought it was on the snare but maybe it's on the vocal and the leakage is being effected as well.

I like the bass and overall tone. It's easy to listen to. I think there could be some other tweaks to the balance of some interments but the to things I mentioned above jump out at me the most.
Hi, Mr. X

Listening back i feel the horns can be turned down and blended better. The sound of them is good just need to be tucked more. Like Roy i feel the overall sound, bass, guitars vocals are good. I like the level you have the vocals at just rebalance some of the instruments so they play off of one another no one really taking over the show too much and you should be good to go

Good Job
(27-02-2020, 03:21 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I just gave it a quick listen but some things jump out at me.

The horns are pretty dry and in front. Especially since from the first snare hit there's this illusion of a space and then the horns come in dry and it's a little jarring.

There's a slap reverb sound that's a bit distracting and feels odd. At first I thought it was on the snare but maybe it's on the vocal and the leakage is being effected as well.

I like the bass and overall tone. It's easy to listen to. I think there could be some other tweaks to the balance of some interments but the to things I mentioned above jump out at me the most.

Hi

Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback!

I definitely have some issue with fx of bleed.

X
(27-02-2020, 10:35 PM)sagalegin Wrote: Hi, Mr. X

Listening back i feel the horns can be turned down and blended better. The sound of them is good just need to be tucked more. Like Roy i feel the overall sound, bass, guitars vocals are good. I like the level you have the vocals at just rebalance some of the instruments so they play off of one another no one really taking over the show too much and you should be good to go

Good Job

Hi

Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback.
Much appreciated!

X

Everything has reverb but the horns. I'd put some on them.. or pull back on the rest of the mix. I'ts pretty obvious and that's not good because the horns feel out of place. Other than that the balances are pretty good! I like your vocal eq.