Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never EBB
Hard mix to do.. here is what I was able to put together. In my opinion after hearing it compared to other mixes this is not even that good but. Smile happy mixing everyone!

.mp3    neverebb.mp3 --  (Download: 7.68 MB)

A minor point but it's a bit noisy at the top and that period of hiss right before the song comes in kind of sets the table and biases my ear from the get go.

My gut reaction is that it could be bigger overall. It feels clear and focused but sacrifices the impact of the parts. Especially in the chorus. I know they're a pain but I really miss those harm/bgvs. It feels like the weight of the emotion and dynamics is on the single lead vocal. It's a little too far in front.

I like a lot of the overall tones. I think there could be some more cymbals/overheads. At least in the chorus. The drums could be a little bigger overall. The bass works. The versa piano might be fighting with the vocal but I'm not sure. I like the lead guitar sounds. The slides could be more present. Apparently they're supposed to support the vocals. More chorus guitars.

Fundamentally a lot of it works. I just feel like this song begs to be bigger and over the top.

I dunno. I'll have some coffee and maybe I'll feel different.