Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Never Ebb But Flow WIP (What am I doing wrong)
Hello mate,

You know, the mix is actually not too bad. I can hear all the elements, I can distinguish between everything, and the effects are good. I think considering how hard this mix is, you've done very well.

There's a few things you can think of:

- Stereo image. You've got a fair amount of things panned here and there, but I would consider getting the rhythm guitars as wide as possible to give the mix body while creating space in the center image for the vocals and the lead guitar.

- Highmids and Highs. Like I said, your mix is quite good, but it does need a little bit of mastering on the stereo out. See, mixing is such a tough gig that Mastering engineers were born to help out mixing engineers. Mixing engineers spend so much time balancing tones and getting vocals to stand out and drums to sit where they need to that over time the balance of the mix just goes a little weird. The mix is good but the balance betweet the highs to lows just needs a little adjustment. So in your case, you just need more high-mids to highs to be in balance with the lows. The mix in those frequencies are really great, but their overall level needs boosting.

- Nitpicking. Just a few little mix things I would adjust - Snare presence around 3k needs a good boost and pull out a little of that 400hz. Automation on your guitars. Rebalance the stereo image. Kick needs some kick.

I gotta say though, I'm a big fan of your vocals. Very nicely done on those.
~
Other Mixes

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never Ebb But Flow WIP (What am I doing wrong) - by Quathamer - 03-12-2019, 11:07 AM
New mix - by hcop - 21-12-2019, 06:57 PM
RE: New mix - by LukasL - 21-12-2019, 10:28 PM