Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo, E J Rios
Hi!

A good effort, however I feel you need to work a bit on separating the delays from the main vocal parts, as the delays and effects feel like they are stepping over things a bit too much, and maybe are a bit too much up front?

I also suspect the snare is obscuring too much of the vocal now and is also a bit too dominant? I had a similar issue pointed out to me regarding the snare in my attempt at this track.

Delays around 46 second mark: I think the delay effects would work better if you can try filtering some top end off the delay and maybe also pan the delays wide left and right or something similar?

Certainly I feel you need to make the delays different in tone and try to separate them from the main vocal part a bit more.

Similarly around the 2:10 mark: - again I feel there needs to be a bit more separation between the vocal parts so you can follow all of them a bit better. The idea here is really good, I feel this part could be a really nice feature with a little bit more work.

I do like the (side chained?) synth part being highlighted at around the 3 minute part.

Well worth giving it another revision I think. You are definitely on the right track here, and I think it will be an exciting listen with a bit more refinement here and there. Keep at it!

Hope my thoughts are of some use.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!