Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Same Kind O Matic
Hello all my old friends,

Good to be mixing again. This is a nice little session and I'm liking the work everyone is doing. Thought I would throw a simple little mix in.

Nothing too complicated with this one. Dryer vocal for the verses and nice and wet for the choruses, especially the last one. You know I like it wet lads. Wetter than the end of a burrito!

Comments questions concerns or straight-up abuse, I'll take it all.

** Edit **

Gave this one a little more love. Little warmer, a little cleaner, and changed up the snare.

.mp3    Finlay_SameKindOfLife_FullM1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.59 MB)

~
Other Mixes
Feels good. No real complaints. Maybe a little more kick in the chorus? Something to balance out the snare on 2 and 4. Other than that it works.
(13-11-2019, 03:00 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Feels good. No real complaints. Maybe a little more kick in the chorus? Something to balance out the snare on 2 and 4. Other than that it works.

Yeah, good feedback there Roy. I thought it would be worth changing the snare to suit the song, rather than change the kick so much, though I did give the kick trigger a little more. The reason why I did this is that the kick hits so often in the chorus that it gets a bit messy when you turn it up.
~
Other Mixes
Yeah. I was messing with the song after I posted that and realized it’s an issue with the part and kick pattern rather than the mix. It’s just a weird part. Or more likely I’m just not hearing what the artist wanted. I still want that feel that I was missing. Anyway. i retract that portion of my critique.
sounds great! nothing to add. ^_^