Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumba Chonta Flymix
(06-11-2013, 03:27 PM)Voelund Wrote: A comment from yet another non latino, but Ive played with great musicians from brazil, so I know a little about southamerican music ...
I miss the groove - the low end. Ine o the guys I playd with playd a wonderful bass, and always wanted the "bas to be strong" when we mixed, and it helped a lot havin a biig 12 channel Yamaha live mixer with wonderful preamps, it made that bas sound big.

I am downloading the piece now, and will see if i can put my vision to real life sound. Its in my head but there are knobs to be twisted first.

Another thing, which has nothin do with the mixer, is the tuning, many of the instruments are fixed tuned, and so is a problem when mixin with othr instruments maybe tuned to a digital tuner instead of the instruments ...

The sound is great, just me not understanding the lvls.

Niels this is not understood, it is a feeling. The levels are well when you start to move your hips to the beat of the music hahahahahaha

Latin blood is a matter of ..... LOL
maybe if you take a good Colombian rum before mixing, you tune in hahahahahaha

we hear a lot of music like this where I live, so in my old high school band days we payed a lot of these latin grooves. you've really captured the feeling here, it sounds very good. I'm working on it myself- I figured given my experience it should come together for me pretty easily but it's not cooperating!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(04-01-2014, 06:39 PM)pauli Wrote: we hear a lot of music like this where I live, so in my old high school band days we payed a lot of these latin grooves. you've really captured the feeling here, it sounds very good. I'm working on it myself- I figured given my experience it should come together for me pretty easily but it's not cooperating!

Pauli where are you? I from Argentina
(04-01-2014, 06:45 PM)flyrecords Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 06:39 PM)pauli Wrote: we hear a lot of music like this where I live, so in my old high school band days we payed a lot of these latin grooves. you've really captured the feeling here, it sounds very good. I'm working on it myself- I figured given my experience it should come together for me pretty easily but it's not cooperating!

Pauli where are you? I from Argentina

haha! I live in Florida. Lots of latinos from all over the world, so everyone here enjoys and understands this music, or I imagine they'd be pretty miserable, because it's everywhere. I'm noticing that conventional mixing techniques don't exactly work for me here, though... it just kills the groove.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!