Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumba Chonta Flymix
Finally a Latin Mix, great percussion and marimba ...Choco rumba, Colombian Pacific Music
This rhythm of cumbia deserves a good shot of rum.

Cheers from Argentina!

Sergio

.mp3    Rumba Chonta.mp3 --  (Download: 6.18 MB)

.mp3    Rumba chonta final(2).mp3 --  (Download: 6.18 MB)

it's 8:34 Am here, I'm listening to your mix and my hips are moving... of course, at this time of the morning, I haven't had any rum at all :-D but your mix made me move!!

By the way, I love that bass!!
mixing since April 2013
(05-11-2013, 08:36 AM)juanjose1967 Wrote: it's 8:34 Am here, I'm listening to your mix and my hips are moving... of course, at this time of the morning, I haven't had any rum at all :-D but your mix made me move!!

By the way, I love that bass!!

Thanks Juan! Finally a Latin beat, a real Colombian rhythm, one of the pillars of Colombian music is this Rumba Chonta, which comes from the Colombian Pacific, a pleasure to do this mix as flavorful.
Thanks for listening.

from Argentina

Sergio
Hi,

your mix (#2) sounds a bit confused to me. The instruments don't seem to be part of one big piece of music. Now this may come from the way the tracks were recorded (I'm working on a mix of this song as well and it is a big issue to me).

I don't have any serious experience with this kind of music, though.

Cheers
Artbass
(05-11-2013, 04:59 PM)Artbass Wrote: Hi,

your mix (#2) sounds a bit confused to me. The instruments don't seem to be part of one big piece of music. Now this may come from the way the tracks were recorded (I'm working on a mix of this song as well and it is a big issue to me).

I don't have any serious experience with this kind of music, though.

Cheers
Artbass

Dear, in this the predominant style of music or the "song" is marimbas, accompanied by a large environment percussion and bass, guitars in second order, and the great seal of marimbas with saxophones.
note the hi hat and "banter" that mark the cadence of rhythm with the bass.

once you do this and move to the beat of the music and rhythm, is that these well underway.
Greetings!
(05-11-2013, 06:08 PM)flyrecords Wrote: Dear, in this the predominant style of music or the "song" is marimbas, accompanied by a large environment percussion and bass, guitars in second order, and the great seal of marimbas with saxophones.

once you do this and move to the beat of the music and rhythm, is that these well underway.
Greetings!

I don't doubt that you know this style, not at all. But as a listener I don't want to be told how to listen to the music by an external instruction. It has to be in the mix and I don't seem to be able to get that from your mix, yet.

But then there is one of Mixerman's "rule to better mixing": "If the mix doesn't somehow, and in some way, annoy someone in the room, the mix likely isn't done." Perhaps I'm someone today Wink
(05-11-2013, 06:29 PM)Artbass Wrote:
(05-11-2013, 06:08 PM)flyrecords Wrote: Dear, in this the predominant style of music or the "song" is marimbas, accompanied by a large environment percussion and bass, guitars in second order, and the great seal of marimbas with saxophones.

Greetings!

I don't doubt that you know this style, not at all. But as a listener I don't want to be told how to listen to the music by an external instruction. It has to be in the mix and I don't seem to be able to get that from your mix, yet.

But then there is one of Mixerman's "rule to better mixing": "If the mix doesn't somehow, and in some way, annoy someone in the room, the mix likely isn't done." Perhaps I'm someone today Wink

http://youtu.be/O6-x5x-tNF8

http://youtu.be/xWJYCTkYft4

http://youtu.be/NUeg6vJd7s4
Really nice work Fly!

Greeting from Switzerland all best
(06-11-2013, 01:30 PM)Jacques Wrote: Really nice work Fly!

Greeting from Switzerland all best

Thanks Jaques!!!

I think for this kind of rhythm, it should Latin blood in his veins.
Nothing better than that.

Your work is also very good, and have a good feeling in them

from Argentina

Cheers!

Sergio
A comment from yet another non latino, but Ive played with great musicians from brazil, so I know a little about southamerican music ...
I miss the groove - the low end. Ine o the guys I playd with playd a wonderful bass, and always wanted the "bas to be strong" when we mixed, and it helped a lot havin a biig 12 channel Yamaha live mixer with wonderful preamps, it made that bas sound big.

I am downloading the piece now, and will see if i can put my vision to real life sound. Its in my head but there are knobs to be twisted first.

Another thing, which has nothin do with the mixer, is the tuning, many of the instruments are fixed tuned, and so is a problem when mixin with othr instruments maybe tuned to a digital tuner instead of the instruments ...

The sound is great, just me not understanding the lvls.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order