Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immaculate
(02-11-2013, 12:31 PM)Voelund Wrote: Oh that piano reminds me of the one in the studio close to where i grew up, I have to mix this song.
Sounds great ! Now I notice an extra guitar or increase in guitar volume (where it plays 1/16 notes around 4.00)
That guitar could do its job just a tad under volume it has now. Small things like helpin little bass runs, liftin them couple o dBs up and down again, experiment with movin effect like chorus on the guitar round 4.00, adding a touch o 300 to the solo guitar, addin a touch o 2-5 kilo to the piano and maybe down 0.5 - 1 dB.

But thats real small things and only my ears tellin you, and it certainly doesnt change the fact that you made me smile and enjoy this great mix. Congrats !

I appreciate your time and excellent suggestions.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Spent some more time eq'ing the piano and el. guitar and adding some automation to the bass part.

.mp3    Immaculate 4.mp3 --  (Download: 11.24 MB)

I were about to say I dont want to mix that one because you nailed it. Almost !
The first long half of the song is just about perfect, love those little bas things you emphasized around and after 3.00
The ending, being louder than rest o the song, theres somethin strange goin on in drums when cymbals hit, do you open some mics previously closed there ? Or maybe their tone change when he hits harder, some eq automation is your friend there. Still that 16th guitar is takin focus from the voice. As its a "we all play together" session, isnt it ? its hard to take it away, but a little more down - Im told nobodys louder than the country singer, and it goes for singer songwritersingers too :-)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I forgot to make an adjustment where the guitar plays the 1/16. There isn't any extra tracks the player just plays a lot louder there. I also tried to tame the cymbals at the end. Again, no additional tracks there the drummer is just playing a lot louder.

.mp3    Immaculate 5.mp3 --  (Download: 11.24 MB)

I like your last mix Bob.
I had a hard time automation the hell out of it to get the vocals to sit where I wanted. I aimed them a little lower than you, but to do so it takes time to be sure nothin masks it.
Your bass sounds so good - what did you do to it ?
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(03-11-2013, 08:21 PM)Voelund Wrote: I like your last mix Bob.
I had a hard time automation the hell out of it to get the vocals to sit where I wanted. I aimed them a little lower than you, but to do so it takes time to be sure nothin masks it.
Your bass sounds so good - what did you do to it ?

Thanks.
For the bass I slammed it really hard in an 1176 type compressor, cut 250db and boosted 700 and 1500.
Wow you cut it 250 dB and still its loud n clear. What a bas player Big Grin

Seriously: did you compres first then eq or other way around ?
I like to cut before comp and boost after, but this sounds great and one things theory another what it actually does.
(04-11-2013, 09:48 AM)Voelund Wrote: Wow you cut it 250 dB and still its loud n clear. What a bas player Big Grin

Seriously: did you compres first then eq or other way around ?
I like to cut before comp and boost after, but this sounds great and one things theory another what it actually does.

Compressed first
Gracias Big Grin
I listened the version 5. Sounds great to me