Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immaculate
Thanks for the listen and any input Smile

.mp3    Immaculate.mp3 --  (Download: 11.24 MB)

.mp3    Immaculate Final.mp3 --  (Download: 11.24 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Nice sounding balanced mix bob ,would like to hear more stereo width Wink !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(28-10-2013, 06:34 AM)thedon Wrote: Nice sounding balanced mix bob ,would like to hear more stereo width Wink !

Thanks, Don. I agree. I'm going to try to work some more on that.
beautiful mix, Bob! I hadn't heard this song before, so I think that as soon as I finish the one I'm mixing right now, I will give this one a try!
mixing since April 2013
Here it is with a bit of stereo widening.

.mp3    Immaculate 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.24 MB)

Sounds great Bob !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Sounds much better mix 2.
Great drums and bas and acc gtr

The male voice sounds very natural and is exactly where I like in lvl. Female voice has a resonance in 2-3 kilo area not so plessant, especially ad its a bit louder than the male vox. Makin it a bit more behind, maybe panned a bit closer to center and given a bit early reflections.
I would love to hear the piano a little more, and the guitar solo is too thin soundin I think, lot more middle or less 4 k and more volume would do it.

But dont get me wrong it sounds great. Only can sound absolutely phantastico with these changes. At least to my ears.

So many great songs ...

By the way - those telefunken sessions come with mic choices dint they. Maybe female voice sounds better with another mic. A hard voice needs a soft mic and the opposite Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(02-11-2013, 03:24 AM)Voelund Wrote: Sounds much better mix 2.
Great drums and bas and acc gtr

The male voice sounds very natural and is exactly where I like in lvl. Female voice has a resonance in 2-3 kilo area not so plessant, especially ad its a bit louder than the male vox. Makin it a bit more behind, maybe panned a bit closer to center and given a bit early reflections.
I would love to hear the piano a little more, and the guitar solo is too thin soundin I think, lot more middle or less 4 k and more volume would do it.

But dont get me wrong it sounds great. Only can sound absolutely phantastico with these changes. At least to my ears.

So many great songs ...

By the way - those telefunken sessions come with mic choices dint they. Maybe female voice sounds better with another mic. A hard voice needs a soft mic and the opposite Big Grin

Thanks for the excellent suggestions. I'm working on implementing them now.
Here's my attempt at implementing some of Voelund's suggestions.

.mp3    Immaculate 3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.24 MB)

Oh that piano reminds me of the one in the studio close to where i grew up, I have to mix this song.
Sounds great ! Now I notice an extra guitar or increase in guitar volume (where it plays 1/16 notes around 4.00)
That guitar could do its job just a tad under volume it has now. Small things like helpin little bass runs, liftin them couple o dBs up and down again, experiment with movin effect like chorus on the guitar round 4.00, adding a touch o 300 to the solo guitar, addin a touch o 2-5 kilo to the piano and maybe down 0.5 - 1 dB.

But thats real small things and only my ears tellin you, and it certainly doesnt change the fact that you made me smile and enjoy this great mix. Congrats !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order