Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digital Only Santa Fez
Been a while since I've had time to post a mix on the site. Let me know what your thoughts are.

My only goal with the track was to keep the original warm feel of the song, and not to over do it. Basic compression, basic eq, delay, verb. That's about it. It was easy to get to a happy place because it was recorded well.

Just used included Logic Pro X plugins and the Waves H-Delay for this one to see what could be done.

.m4a    Santa FeM1.4.m4a --  (Download: 8.22 MB)

~
Other Mixes
It feels pretty good. Not much to complain about. I'm missing the background vocals which I think adds some needed dynamics to the song. I'm not sure about the bass/low end. It feels a little thick but it's hard for me to tell at the moment. I could be wrong about that.
Good job.
Great feedback Roy, I'll take that. I was aiming for a warmer, woolier mix, but I still wanted to be able to distinguish all the different elements. Really controlled the highs, really control the mids, let the lower end run wild a little. Made the bass do most of the work.

Regarding the backing vocals, I definitely agree the add dynamics, but I didn't really want to give them a lot of limelight because the rest of the band and the lead were bringing enough energy by themselves. The BVs are doing their thing just to bring a little width and excitement, not so much dynamics.

Thanks again man
~
Other Mixes