Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Lokke: 'Promises & Lies' - Olli H
(01-10-2013, 07:46 PM)johnnylokke Wrote:
(01-10-2013, 07:14 PM)Voelund Wrote: Cudo to the singer, thats a darn high note ! Great clean convincing falsetto !!!
I only wish it was falsetto...my throat would feel much better after a show! Wink

(01-10-2013, 07:11 PM)Voelund Wrote: If you have version 1 saved it would be worth takin vocal treatment from version 2 and change only that.
My opinion of course, really love version 1, biiig sound. Congrats !

I completely agree with this. I think vocals from number 2 with music from number 1 and you are there.

For a first metal mix you hit it out of the park my friend!

What planet are you from Johnny Big Grin not falsetto - Im even more impressed !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

If you have version 1 saved it would be worth takin vocal treatment from version 2 and change only that.
My opinion of course, really love version 1, biiig sound. Congrats !
[/quote]

I completely agree with this. I think vocals from number 2 with music from number 1 and you are there.

[/quote]

I agree version 2 is a great sounding version , I like the big sound of version 1 Big Grin !

Would love to mix another one of Johnny's songs Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks for comments for everyone. Here's my third try with this one.

@Johnny
I really appreciate that you - as the artist - are commenting other's mixes. As you were interested of giving another song for us to mix, how about putting up a small scale mixing comptetion with a new song someday. No rules, you decide the winner, no prize (or you latest CD as a prize). I'm sure everyone here would spend a lot of more time with your music before hastily sending their version. It would be a great dose of adrenaline for everyone to attend Johnny Lokke's Metal School.

.mp3    2013-10-03-johnny-lokke-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 10.7 MB)

Great sounding mix Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Good job
(03-10-2013, 11:50 AM)Olli H Wrote: Thanks for comments for everyone. Here's my third try with this one.
That's your mix, well done. No feedback to give other than it sounds great!
(03-10-2013, 11:50 AM)Olli H Wrote: @Johnny
I really appreciate that you - as the artist - are commenting other's mixes. As you were interested of giving another song for us to mix, how about putting up a small scale mixing comptetion with a new song someday. No rules, you decide the winner, no prize (or you latest CD as a prize). I'm sure everyone here would spend a lot of more time with your music before hastily sending their version. It would be a great dose of adrenaline for everyone to attend Johnny Lokke's Metal School.

Sure, that sounds like fun. I'm actually working on some new stuff now, so give me a week or so and I'll throw something together.

I love stopping by and listening to what people create with my music, and if they are putting their precious time into making a statement, I am proud to give them my honest feedback. It humbles me that so many would find what I do interesting enough to use it in creating and refining their art. I have always loved talking with people from all over the world at shows or via email and connecting through music. I've been lucky enough to do this for almost 30 years and I still count my blessings every day.

It means a lot when someone that could easily download my music for free or buy the latest Megadeth cd or whatever dips into their wallet and buys a cd from me. It not only validates what I do but it allows me to continue doing what I love, so I feel like I have a responsibility to show that same respect to others by doing things like this. Not many independent bands are able to make it through 8 releases, so I feel like this what I am meant to do, and I'm very happy that all of you are able to join me on the ride!

KEEP IT LOUD!

Keep it loud!
Johnny Lokke,
www.johnnylokkeband.com