Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better-Patreon Mix
Sounding good :-)
Was it your intention to make drums lofi?
(07-12-2018, 12:26 AM)cico Wrote: Sounding good :-)
Was it your intention to make drums lofi?

Hi Cico
Thanks for commenting
Was it intentional, no, while playing with different compression and EQ it just got there and seemed to fit ok
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Enjoyed the mix, also the edits are quite clever,]. good job
(08-12-2018, 10:52 AM)Spandexcore Wrote: Enjoyed the mix, also the edits are quite clever,]. good job
Hey Spandexcore

Thanks for checking it out!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Not bad overall. I do fine the drums a little lo-fi for my taste. I think my biggest issue is with cohesion. The parts feel somewhat separated. I think the edit at the send verse (I think) kind of takes me out of the song. It's a bit jarring. I do like the whistles at the top and the outro chorus 'dub'. Hope that helps.
(10-12-2018, 07:02 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Not bad overall. I do fine the drums a little lo-fi for my taste. I think my biggest issue is with cohesion. The parts feel somewhat separated. I think the edit at the send verse (I think) kind of takes me out of the song. It's a bit jarring. I do like the whistles at the top and the outro chorus 'dub'. Hope that helps.

Hi Roy
Thanks for having a listen and commenting. All good points to take into consideration on the next go round.
Cheers
KSmile
Hi Kirk like the edits nice mix.
Reaper user
Hey Kirk ,
Love the edits ,on my monitors thinking a touch more 5k up on the kick ,snare and percussion and a touch less back beat of the regee guitar in the same frequencies !
Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(11-12-2018, 06:13 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kirk like the edits nice mix.

Hi Cudjoe
Thanks for checking it out!
Cheers
KSmile
(11-12-2018, 10:25 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Kirk ,
Love the edits ,on my monitors thinking a touch more 5k up on the kick ,snare and percussion and a touch less back beat of the regee guitar in the same frequencies !
Cheers

Hi Don

Thanks, Ill give that a shot and see how it goes.
Good to see you back!
Cheers
KSmile