Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better-Patreon Mix
My Mix

Awesome tune with a bunch of challenges for me, especially the drums, trying to get the top and bottom snare to blend and eq some of the cymbal and BD spill out without destroying the original snare sound. Took a page from Mike's preview mix with some edit ideas.
Tried to keep it interesting and as clean as possible.

Comments always welcome!!
Cheers
KSmile

Version B-Mix.mpg

Automated the multiband EQ on the drums , re eq'ed the guitars and got rid of the top end harshness as Kapu had mentioned. re-eq'd the bass and dirtied it up a hair, also automated it. I really didn't like the organ sitting Left, so I brought it over and down, feels a lot fuller to me in chorus's without taking over.
Cheers
KSmile

Final Mix. C-Mix.mpg
Took some of the suggestions, added a little 5k to drums and percussion, cut same on backbeat guitar. Let the percussion play through the first edit, so its not an abrupt stop.
Cheers
KSmile

Really final mixAngel

Fixed the guitar problem Shul and Cudjoe mentioned. had one of the backbeat mic'ed guitars panned center, also one of the mic'ed guitars was out of phase, so I flipped that.
hope that sounds better.
Cheers
KSmile

Patreon Mix

Took some of the suggestions offered in Mikes Patreon Podcast.
Swapped the congas and timbale .. re Eq'd everything. Cleaned up the edits. Rebalanced everything.
Cheers
Kirk

.mp3    HannesKeseberg-YouKnowBetter-A-Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.44 MB)

.mp3    HannesKeseberg-YouKnowBetter-B-Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.44 MB)

.mp3    HannesKeseberg-YouKnowBetter-C-Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.44 MB)

.mp3    HannesKeseberg-YouKnowBetter-D-Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.44 MB)

.mp3    HannesKeseberg-YouKnowBetter-Patreons Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.41 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
awesome greativity! maybe filter some highs from backbeat guitars and leave some highs for vocals? nice lofi analog crossover distortion on drums. great work! ^_^
Very Bobby Mcpherin of you with the add ins. I like the overall quality very clean. Good job
(03-12-2018, 04:13 AM)kapu Wrote: awesome greativity! maybe filter some highs from backbeat guitars and leave some highs for vocals? nice lofi analog crossover distortion on drums. great work! ^_^

Hey Kapu
Cool, I finally got some greativity going..lol. Ill address the guitars, I hear exactly what your saying, a bit of automation might help also.
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(03-12-2018, 10:52 AM)sagalegin Wrote: Very Bobby Mcpherin of you with the add ins. I like the overall quality very clean. Good job

Hey sagalegin
Ha! I didn't even think of that, but your right, does have that McPherin feel. Thanks for checking it out and the kind words.
Cheers
KSmile
New mix up!

Addressed some of the issues brought up. More automation and balance and EQ work.

Comments welcome
Cheers
KSmile
i think the highs on second version sound better. bass is also dirty in nice way. ^_^
Sounding nice in the second version!
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
(03-12-2018, 07:54 PM)kapu Wrote: i think the highs on second version sound better. bass is also dirty in nice way. ^_^

Thanks for the help Kapu

Cheers!!
KSmile
(03-12-2018, 09:53 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: Sounding nice in the second version!

Thanks Niko, Very much appreciated!
Cheers
KSmile