Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise: 'Revelations'
I just played it back on my hifi and on usb into the tv and to me the kick sounds fine.
It all sounds fine i think.I think you have gone for a softer more 70s feel,i wanted my mix pretty heavy sounding
I'm not trying to convince you, just wanted to let you know my impression. If you are fine with it, then leave it as is. Smile
(04-08-2013, 02:08 PM)takka360 Wrote: It might be because i mixed it at very low volume.
I will have another play

To check the mix at a very low level is a very good way to find a balance between instruments. And I've noticed that you normaly don't have problems with instrument balance. Maybe these two things are related.

I think the second mix is better for the style of the band.

(04-08-2013, 06:27 PM)takka360 Wrote: ... I think you have gone for a softer more 70s feel,i wanted my mix pretty heavy sounding

This is an important issue here. As these are mixing practices we are free to do whatever we want to do with the material. That's a great possibility to learn. And for the same reason, before commenting any mixes, it would be always interesting to hear the artistic intentions of mix. And highly interesting would be always to hear reference records, if any. Then all the comments would be more precise: how well was the chosen goal reached?
I never had a track or a band to mind when i mixed it.
I just wanted it chunky and solid and that i think it is.
The more i listen to it the more i like it myself.
As you say the tracks here are for practice and we all have our
own ideas,no two mixers are the same and that is whats good about it .
Some men like large women others like thin ones lol.
The kick is a touch loud sounds great !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Interesting mix. It sounds great, especially the drums and percussion. Its quite a diffrent approach to this style of music and I tell you any sound enginer from that decade would envy you that much kick in a mix. Noone did so back then, simply because the needle on the turntable would literally jump :-) Thats the way you like it and thats the way it sounds and Im ok with that !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Cheers Voelund,yes i like it that way and we are in 2013 now.
Indeed we are. Still some genres has a certain balance between the instruments bein an equal essential part of the music as the choice of instruments and how they are played, but as I said what you did sounds good !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
like your mix...maybe as other say about kick but I like your idea about 2k13...all best