Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kings And Queens
Your low end is better now, it’s more defined and don’t fill the low mids wrong way. That alone makes the overall sound better.
Dave

Mix 2 is definitely improved. Balance is real good. I do think the lead vocal is a bit muddy.....but good work overall.
(23-01-2018, 05:08 PM)Olli H Wrote: Your low end is better now, it’s more defined and don’t fill the low mids wrong way. That alone makes the overall sound better.

Thanks Olli, I'm still not sure overall, I feel the compression is fighting with the groove a bit. I'll let it rest for now.
(28-01-2018, 05:21 AM)Rook Wrote: Dave

Mix 2 is definitely improved. Balance is real good. I do think the lead vocal is a bit muddy.....but good work overall.

Thanks Rook, Yes, I've tried to add some air to the vox in mix#3 with some verb. Hopefully this helps. Thanks for the feedback.

Dave
I like #3 a lot. The bass changes are providing great energy and support. Good job.
Hi Dave

Nice job on #3, nice and even, easy to listen to on the headphones.

Haven't had a chance to crank it up on the monitors, but the only thing I hear in the cans is, the bass sits nice, but seems to have gotten a bit small, maybe a bit too much compression. but again I'm listening in the cans. Other than that, really good job!

Cheers!

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Hey Dangerous

Sounds pretty good to me, its easy to listen to, I like what you did with the vocals they aren't harsh at all. Did you manually deess the vocals? Nice fade out it works, and maybe just a tad more bass, but not necessarily. Cool

Cheers!
(28-01-2018, 04:26 PM)Rook Wrote: I like #3 a lot. The bass changes are providing great energy and support. Good job.

Thanks Rook, I'm happy you like it.Big Grin

Dave
(29-01-2018, 07:30 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Dave

Nice job on #3, nice and even, easy to listen to on the headphones.

Haven't had a chance to crank it up on the monitors, but the only thing I hear in the cans is, the bass sits nice, but seems to have gotten a bit small, maybe a bit too much compression. but again I'm listening in the cans. Other than that, really good job!

Cheers!

KSmile

You could be right K. I still think there maybe too much energy in the sub 100hz area (it does sound that way in the car), but maybe a bit light in the low mids. I'm still not totally sure. I'll have to listen to it on some other sources. Thanks for your thoughts. Very much appreciated.

Dave.

(29-01-2018, 08:15 PM)MikeGoPro Wrote: Hey Dangerous

Sounds pretty good to me, its easy to listen to, I like what you did with the vocals they aren't harsh at all. Did you manually deess the vocals? Nice fade out it works, and maybe just a tad more bass, but not necessarily. Cool

Cheers!

Thanks for your thoughts. The jury is still out, with regards to the bass. Now, with the vocals, I tend to do a lot of parallel processing. Small reverb, larger reverb, stereo widening, and parallel compression, delay etc. I try to do the bulk of my deessing on these parallel tracks. You can usually hit these tracks pretty hard without to many adverse effects overall. I did process the vocal bus track directly on this occasion also with "soundbrigade" to control some 1.5khz to 6khz harshness and the deesser again (3x instances all up), but this was pretty light. See attached screenshot of my vocal chain. A bit crazy I know. I hope this explains things. Cheers

Dave

Thumbnail(s)