Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Im Alright!
Hey Guys,

Need some feedback on this mix. Im a beginner, so please tell me how to improve this mix and which skills i have to develop. Smile

thanks in advance.

NB: im used iPhone headphones to make this mix.

.mp3    Im alright V2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.11 MB)

nobody?
Sad
Hello

Balance for the most part is very good.. its just eq that needs a lot more polish
*kick is very muddy you can't hear the click at all.. i would cut 400hz or so on it and boost 5khz
*there is a lil too much reverb on the acoustic guitar
*snare needs to come up
*guitar solo is too far in the back

keep it up
Hey Casperroz,

definetly not a terrible mix, but it's very noitceable that you are a beginner.

Suggestions:
- The thing that gave you the "newbie" label (hope I am not being mean) is your use of reverb. It sound like you've put in on everything maybe even the master, and it sound like it was played in a gigantic tunnel. If you think of similar songs in this style (pop/rock/folk) are typically pretty dry, with a few instruments with reverb and maybe a very subtle room ambience on most of the tracks.
- Kick is pretty mellow and pillowy: Dont cut all the high-end the Kick needs some amount of smack and slap (depends on style though), and cut somewhere around 500Hz Kicks usually sounds boxy there.
- This multitrack is pretty proccessed from the get go, so I would suggest you start over and really ask why you do whatever mixing move you do and think if it serves the music

Lukas Angel

Would appreciate your feedback on my "Tip Toe Through The Crypto" Mix