Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suit, Yourself - UPDATED Mix C
maybe a light reverb tail at each end of the vocals?
IMO

6/27
Best guitars, very clear
What type of amp you using?
How much are you panning your lead to the left? Feels left/center

6/28
Best support vocals- wide
Best Bass- punchy
What do you think about kick and bass being side-chained in compressor?

Vocals:
I like the deeper chest resonance in 6/28, but the compression takes away from the high notes

I think additional reverb on vocals, not over done, would be awesome. That’s a producer's choice. It would give it a trancy feel
You said something was bothering you about the vocals. It might be the breaths on the lead & support. Cut them and see what you think
(30-06-2017, 01:13 PM)Mrjoe01 Wrote: maybe a light reverb tail at each end of the vocals?

Possibly, but I wanted the vocals to meld into the environment and not have a separate place. And you know what happens? You add more tail and somebody says, too much reverb! LOL.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(30-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Mrjoe01 Wrote: You said something was bothering you about the vocals. It might be the breaths on the lead & support. Cut them and see what you think

That wasn't it. But it may be the environment it holds. There is a bit of a dichotomy between the power of the instruments and the relative softness of the vocalist. That bothers me too.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
what do you think about slight tape or tube on the vocals to equal out the edginess in the guitars
(30-06-2017, 01:43 PM)Mrjoe01 Wrote: IMO

6/27
Best guitars, very clear

6/28
Best support vocals- wide
Best Bass- punchy

Vocals:
I like the deeper chest resonance in 6/28, but the compression takes away from the high notes

I think additional reverb on vocals, not over done, would be awesome. That’s a producer's choice. It would give it a trancy feel

The guitars were not re-amped.

When the lead comes in I automated a double of the remaining guitar to maintain the left-right guitar bed and cut the lead guitar into the center at the same time.

I think it's a great idea.

Me too.

Thanks for your listen, comments and your good ears.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(30-06-2017, 05:08 PM)Mrjoe01 Wrote: what do you think about slight tape or tube on the vocals to equal out the edginess in the guitars

You mean to add some edge to them. Maybe, but it could end up sounding artificial. The vocalist just does not have a harsh voice but it is easy to make him hearable and to understand the lyrics even with his soft vocal character.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
You're right there isn't enough edginess in the vocal and it would seem artificial to tape or tube it too much
(30-06-2017, 05:54 PM)Mrjoe01 Wrote: You're right there isn't enough edginess in the vocal and it would seem artificial to tape or tube it too much

It may, but it may also be worth the try. You've given me some ideas. Thanks for that.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]