Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words - Mix/Master K27 Productions
Sorry to say but I prefer the first mix, the drums have now lost their power and punch. It's taken alot of the vibe of the song away I feel.
Too much comp in the mix its smashed to death
Great mix but I think don't have enough bottom, very thin sound and pumping beacuse of compression. Loud enough, but the bass is to less...
First mix was rockin. You seem to have lost a little of the energy you had in the first one. Solid work. I am gonna have a go at this track Smile

Simon
What's with the detuned effect on the vocals? Nasty. Really makes them distracting rather than a cohesive element of the mix. The vocals here are kind of the pitfall of your mix...I feel like there's a bit too much going on still in the lower-mids and the upper-mids are a tad harsh (that 2-3k area). I like to control that area with a compressor rather than with EQ -- keeps them popping but without letting them get too out of hand and obnoxious.

Otherwise, your first mix sounds pretty banging on my setup (haven't listened to the second version). Loving the super punchy drums!
Let's figure this out.
Kayo!

Great job. Honestly it sounds really good. I have to agree with some people on that the first mix was better for me too. It did have more life because of those really nice in your face drums. First version is much better. The vocals are a little weird because of the little out of tune thing you did but other than that I think it sounds great. I would like a little more bottom end though.
A very nice job on the drums. The toms ring out a bit for my taste but sound very natural.

Vocal could come up a bit.

Overall a great balanced and smooth mix. Smile

TC